What was your first *gasp* over your handbag. Accidents, or near misses.

the first day i carried my first LV (speedy 30) my nervous dog peed on me when i picked him up and it splattered on the handle. yes, on my virgin no patina yet handle. sigh...

^Poor dog and poor speedy! LOL

Mine is when I went to my son's Mother's Day Tea at his school. He offered to get me a glass of iced tea and when he handed over the glass, it spilled all over the front of my Dior gaucho. I so desperately wanted to check out my bag but all these mothers were watching so I just wiped it down with a napkin. Thank goodness the big stain came out after I wiped it down with baby wipes at home.

Holy cow....now I am wondering what will be my very first "gasp"!!!

I bought my Damier Speedy 30 almost 2 weeks ago, and used it for the first time today!! In my defense, it has rained here almost every day, so that is my excuse for not using it sooner.

And - get this - I actually "practiced" for using it by using my new cles and makeup bag for a week first - in an old beat up bag!

I am proud to report that Speedy and I made it through day #1 without a "gasp". Although I almost tackled one of my dearest friends when she stood beside my desk at work - with a cup of coffee in her hand - and was a bit too close to the Speedy! (OK, OK, she was like 2 feet away, but darn it, that was still too close!!) :wtf:

I hope this gets easier, 'cos I was pretty darn nervous all day! Oh well, it's a sickness, but one I am learning to love!!

I don't have many horror stories of my purses getting hurt. Whenever I stumble and fall or drop my purse I immediately check to make sure it's ok. The worst that has happened was when I left one of my purses in the family room and my cat chewed through one of the straps. I almost died when I saw what had happened!

I'm kinda clutsy so i've had about 3 to my favorite bags outside of chloe.

The first one was when i spilled a starbucks mocha on my YSL flower bag... but it came right out so no biggie.

Second time was when i went grocery shopping and bought 7up.. i opened the bottle and it squirted all over my white dior gaucho... I conditioned the sh*t outta it and it ended up looking fine.

Third time was when I wore a raw stone waist belt while carrying my spy... which happened to be rubbing against the stones.. argh... thankfully it was only for 10 minutes (which is 10 minutes too long IMO), and I conditioned her everyday. It's not perfect.. but it's not noticeable at all either.

I recently slipped on melted ice cream in a grocery store and was so embarrassed beyond belief. But my speedy survived! Yeah, I was actually thinking more about my purse getting ruined than my injuries :s .

About 10 years ago I had my wallet stolen out of my purse AT WORK. I was carrying my D&B AWL satchel on a lunch break and noticed it seemed a little lighter...:cursing: . Long story short, a lady was shadowing one of our recruiters looking for wallets to steal. She got mine and a few others too. No one recognized this lady but everyone thought she was interviewing because she was all dressed up and walking slightly behind the recruiter. Dang, she was clever, but what a b*tch...she stole my wallet!! :death: It later showed up in another bldg a few blocks away...all the cash gone (on payday, of course).

about 18 years ago, i had a new LV the big tote ( leather on the corners) - those days who knew the style - and i had put my baby daughter in the car and then our dog and luggage in the trunk. started and the car and heard this crunch. yup it was my bag which i had left on the ground. luckily, it wasn't too bad, but still have tire/tar marks on the bottom of the bag. not only did i feel so bad - but very stupid!!!

Since I tend to have "big" purses I have gotten in the terrible habit of carrying a water bottle. Yep, you guess it. A quart of water in my Tod's handbag and all over my Chanel wallet. I immediately went to the cobbler (tears streaming down my face) and he was able to bring everything back to new!!

If you carry a water bottle - beware and ALWAYS make sure it is capped tightly!!

I found out the hard way that one of my cats has a leather fetish - specifically the leather on high end bags. :wtf:

The first time I caught him kind of nuzzling the handles of my Boogie bag I shooed him away. Unfortunately, I hadn't caught him in time; the next time I used the bag I noticed a couple of pin-sized holes in one of the handles. :crybaby: Thankfully, I'd stopped him before he could *really* start chewing. I was dismayed for a minute or so, but the holes are so tiny I'm the only one who'd notice them. I'm now *very* careful about keeping my bags away from his tiny, needle-sharp teeth. He always gets really interested when I'm changing bags. :lol:

My second "oops": The day after taking leftover Chinese food back to the office, I noticed a couple of very small drips on my yellow Coach Hamptons tote. I freaked out for a while because I didn't know what to try - I was worried about lifting the color from the leather.

Someone in another forum mentioned baby wipes for cleaning bags, so I bought some alcohol-free ones and they worked *beautifully.* There was something smudgy on my LV wallet which I figured came from the same Chinese food incident, so I tried the wipes on my wallet, too. It's perfect again! :yes:

When I took my Edith out for the first time the st... waitress spilled some latte macchiato over it. I was so mad that I could have killed her right on the spot. She apologized a million times and offered to pay cleaning or a new bag but I wouldn't want to get her into trouble so I said it's o.k. Luckily I could wipe most of it off but there are still some small stains of the milk but who will blend in hopefully when she ages. Now I always put my coat over her when I'm in a restaurant.

Thank goodness!...I've never had a incident that's worth mentioning.:s *knock on wood* And I'm very clumsy and accident prone too!...I should thank my lucky stars.:sweatdrop: I was gringing reading all your accidents!:Push:

^^ I know! I was throwing a temper tantrum once (I don't usually do that) and angrily flung Speedy to the floor. BF freaked out on me and I just looked at him blankly thinking, "It's just a bag." but I know I would've freaked out too if it was brand new and such. Please note that I do NOT abuse my bags. I do take care of them a lot....it's was a one-time thing that happened.

I found my tabby had used my first ever Coach leather bag as a scratching post. I worked out most of the scratches by gently buffing with lotion.

The second disaster was when I spilled white paint all over another Coach leather bag. Cramped apt, not thinking. I ran to the tub and turned on the hot water and blasted the paint right down the drain. The bag survived beautifully.

The third wasn't really a near miss, but I'll mention it anyway. I used a Coach backpack to beat a guy over the head with it. I guess he nearly missed death. LOL

I took my son to the dentist and, while there, I put my white MC alma on the floor next to the chair that you lay on. Anyhow, while I was talking to the dental hygenist, she pressed the button and the chair started to move SQUISHING my alma underneath it!!!:shocked: I wanted to scream but nothing came out of my mouth!:sweatdrop: To make the long story short, after she moved the chair back, the bag bounced back into shape and there was a happy ending to this story!!!:yahoo: