What was your FIRST ever LV?

I have been into bags since I could walk. My mom says I used to carry a little purse with me everywhere we went, always filled with little toys and candy and rocks. I never cared about designers when it came to bags, I just bought what I thought was cute. When I turned 21, I bought a couple of Dooney & Bourke bags and then went on to Coach for about a decade. I bought my first Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 about 3 years ago on Craigslist for $75 from a very nice lady who said she had found it in a box somewhere? Yes, it was 100% authentic. Needless to say, it was OLD! The canvas was cracked, the leather was GROSS, the interior was stained, but it didn't smell!! I took it to a cobbler and he glued the cracks and cleaned the entire bag. I carried it for a few months and I loved it so much!!! It made me feel good to carry her [emoji173]️ I ended up selling all of my Coach bags and accessories and my collection of Louis Vuitton has become bigger than I had ever even planned. Unfortunately I sold the 25 on Tradesy and have regretted it ever since. I don't believe I would ever use it again, but for sentimental reasons I wish she was still with me [emoji23]

I loooove this story :smile:. This was also my first LV. I sold it last year and am so glad someone can enjoy it more than I ever could because vachetta just isn't for me. The person who bought it said she loooves it and that makes me so happy- for her. I don't miss it at all haha. I kept it for a decade because of the sentiment but then I realized it would just sit there, in its dustbag, for another decade or even longer. I took a picture of it for memories and that's good enough for me haha :smile:. I see it like an ex- you think if you had it back it would be better than it actually would be haha.

I loooove this story :smile:. This was also my first LV. I sold it last year and am so glad someone can enjoy it more than I ever could because vachetta just isn't for me. The person who bought it said she loooves it and that makes me so happy- for her. I don't miss it at all haha. I kept it for a decade because of the sentiment but then I realized it would just sit there, in its dustbag, for another decade or even longer. I took a picture of it for memories and that's good enough for me haha :smile:. I see it like an ex- you think if you had it back it would be better than it actually would be haha.

You know what, you're totally right!! [emoji23] I have pictures and the girl I sold it to, it was her first LV as well and she was in LOVE with it [emoji7] I'm glad I could pass it along to someone who would enjoy it and use it because I know I wouldn't have anymore.

Multicolor Mini HL in Black about 12 years ago? I was 17/18 When I purchased it and got the speedy 25 about a month later. While I love it, I never really used it but i do have it on my desk as display.

My very first LV purchased with my own money was a Cabas Mezzo which I sold because the vachetta bottom over the years had all sorts of water stains.

Had I known then I could get it replaced, I think I would have kept it. [emoji35]

View attachment 3604251 Alma mono. There was only one size at the time and it was about £300 with the mono adjustable shoulder strap (those were the days). It was still a lot of money in 2000 but if only we knew........ and yes I still have it and occasionally use it

First bag twins!!! lol I bought it in 2000 for £300 as well at Lv Selfridges when it first opened and bought the mono strap for it a week later for £30 as I'd never had a handheld bag before so it was a big adjustment.

I still have it and don't use it anymore but as it was my first I'm reluctant to sell it. I wish straps were still £30 :smile:

IMG_0958.JPG

O.M.Geeeee
After 7 weeks of saving! For my FIRST Louis Vuitton bag!!!!
I can FINALLY call her MINE! This is such a GREAT feeling! [emoji86][emoji87][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji320][emoji119] Took a day trip to Dallas TX to purchase this beauty in the Galleria. My SA Sara was AMAZING!!!
Welcome home! Speedy Bandoulière 25 in Damier Ebene

Attachments

• SI_20170520_103030.jpg
    SI_20170520_103030.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 306
Mine was a neverfull mm in ebene. I still have the bag but only use it for travel and not even on every trip =/
I thought that I would love it and turns out, I hate it lol. I'm not a tote girl & actually prefer top handles over shoulder bags (my shoulder starts hurting after a while).

View attachment 3707160 speedy was the first bag I got for myself originally I got the speedy 25 for $540 dollars then sold it on eBay later that year for the Speedy 30. The picture is of my speedy 30 bought in November of 2006

Me too! My first LV was my Speedy 30 classic back in 05! It's a display piece now! I don't use it at all and havent really used it since I bought it! O M G! LOL!
I still have it sitting on the shelf and won't ever get rid of it. She reminds me of my younger days of how impulsive I was! Well not impulsive but carefree. :smile:

Looking at yours @DeeCags03 - it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm wishing I used mine more or could use it more to get it to this stage of vintage. Maybe one day I'll get her out - one day.

Reactions: DeeCags03