What was your first BV and do you still have it?

My very first BV is a huge purple intrecciato clutch that I still own and carry. I purchased her in 1998-ish from a designer consignment shop in DT Palo Alto, CA that is sadly gone. I watched her in the window and then one day said I need this bag. She was the catalyst for my Bottega Veneta love affair. I have many BVs and have never sold one. Thinking about down sizing to purchase an over the top larger cabat.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1433819123.154358.jpg

Reactions: jbags07
My very first BV is a huge purple intrecciato clutch that I still own and carry. I purchased her in 1998-ish from a designer consignment shop in DT Palo Alto, CA that is sadly gone. I watched her in the window and then one day said I need this bag. She was the catalyst for my Bottega Veneta love affair. I have many BVs and have never sold one. Thinking about down sizing to purchase an over the top larger cabat.
View attachment 3025283
Love your clutch! I saw the same style in a fuchsia on Etsy but when I emailed the shop owner to buy it, I never heard back.

I didn't keep my first BV. I don't have a boutique near me, and the local dept. store selection is limited, so sometimes my purchases are sight unseen.

My first purchase was a large torrent Veneta, sight unseen. I wasn't sure about the large size on me at the time, so I opted to return it back to the store.

My "real" first one was a nero nappa capri Sloane. It was gorgeous, and I enjoyed it. A little while later, I bought myself a nero medium Veneta. After having both for a while, I decided that the Sloane was redundant, so I found it a good home.

I still have my nero medium Veneta, and It's a keeper. I've had it since 2008 or 2009.

This one was my first. I think I bought it in 2009 (pre-owned on Ebay) and I still have it. I don't wear it very often, since I prefer bigger bags. It was not my favorite style (although I do love it), but that was all I could afford as a graduate student and at $300, it was the most I had ever paid for a handbag :faint:
I don't think I will ever sell since I don't think the amount of $ I could get for it is worth the effort ;). I have thought about altering it to make it a crossbody and get more use out of it - Modern Leather quoted me about $200 for altering it and using BV leather :cool:

Attachments

• photo 1x (2).jpg
    photo 1x (2).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 275
This one was my first. I think I bought it in 2009 (pre-owned on Ebay) and I still have it. I don't wear it very often, since I prefer bigger bags. It was not my favorite style (although I do love it), but that was all I could afford as a graduate student and at $300, it was the most I had ever paid for a handbag :faint:
I don't think I will ever sell since I don't think the amount of $ I could get for it is worth the effort ;). I have thought about altering it to make it a crossbody and get more use out of it - Modern Leather quoted me about $200 for altering it and using BV leather :cool:

It's a pretty bag. Looks like a practical one too.

I didn't know that they could do that for you. Having options is nice.

I believe my first BV was actually 2 of them. I found them on eBay, preloved, bargain priced, and in fantastic condition. The leather is so soft to the touch. They're vintage, since they have the small metal plate with Bottega Veneta on it. I still have both of them.

My first Veneta was the medium Veneta in ebano, the ultimate classic IMO :smile:)

It is from April 2008 and I still have it and love it!

The leather is so buttery soft (was changed after that, my newer Venetas are much stiffer and thicker) and it is the lightest bag in that size I have.

With the latest change of the Venetas I even appreciate my old one more.

I've been thinking back a couple of years to when I was bitten by the BV bug. I didn't know about this site or that the BV online site only carried some of the styles and colors. I ordered a medium chene veneta. I still have and love it although I don't use much at all....in fact, I haven't used it for two years. But "Firsts" are often special & memorable....first date, first car, first BV.....

My first BV was a medium Veneta in sand - I still use it because I love the color and the leather is so-so soft.

It was 2002 and I got my Saks catalog with a large page showing their new bag from Tomas Maier. There was a Veneta hobo in sand, chocolate, black or white and a Cabat in chocolate and black. I called the Saks store wanting the bag and they only carried it in 4 stores - San Francisco was the only store that had a sand. I really wanted the large one but could barely afford the medium at $970. About a week later it arrived and it's been love at first site ever since. I now have many more BV bags but that one will always be one of my favorites. Living in KY I didn't have to pay tax either. The Cabat was $2800.

I bought a lovely Nero Cervo hobo in black. It's my one and only black shoulder bag. I do want more just have not figured out which one. I am thinking a pillow bag would be nice. My bag is less than 6 months old. I won't ever sell her. That the kind I would pass down to my daughter. :smile:

we moved in UAE in 2010, that was my first experience with the world of luxury and i saw nice bags (mostly LV and C) all around, and temptation was everywhere... but when i first saw and touched BV in the boutique i was gone... at that time a brand new one was way out of my budget, but a year or so later i discovered a consignment store and my DH got me my first pre-loved BV - a Sloane in Aurora, she is very special to me and i will never part with it.
here she is with me today, coincidentally my very first and my very latest (flats) BVs are in co-action :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20170308_094234.jpg
    20170308_094234.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 177
this is a really nice thread :flowers: my first bv is a Nero French flap from my hubby few years back and I don't think he had a clue of what the gift will lead to :biggrin: I still have it though it might need to be sent for refurbishing after some time.

we moved in UAE in 2010, that was my first experience with the world of luxury and i saw nice bags (mostly LV and C) all around, and temptation was everywhere... but when i first saw and touched BV in the boutique i was gone... at that time a brand new one was way out of my budget, but a year or so later i discovered a consignment store and my DH got me my first pre-loved BV - a Sloane in Aurora, she is very special to me and i will never part with it.
here she is with me today, coincidentally my very first and my very latest (flats) BVs are in co-action :biggrin: