What was your favorite childhood toy?

It's so much fun to see what others liked and remember fun toys! I don't think I had an absolute favorite, but a few I liked:

-American Girls Dolls - I have Felicity, Kirsten, and Samantha, these were my absolute favorites, so beautiful! They are all packed away now for future kids in the family.

-Barbie and the Rockers - they came with tapes!!

- Hot Looks Dolls - I don't know if anyone remembers these, they were large, flexible cloth dolls with plastic heads. They wore the best of 80s couture and plastic jewelry. I adored them!

- Breyer horses - I must still have 40 of these things packed away at my parents' houses.

How about you ladies and gents?

Fisher Price Little People and Barbie. I also colored and read a lot....but mostly, the great ourdoors...I loved swmming and any and all sports...oh, and baseball cards.

I think I'm a tad older than you ladies. My favoriate toys were:
Flatsy dolls
Kiddle dolls
Dawn doll
Baby Grow a Tooth
Colorforms
Lite Brite
Kerplunk (splg?)
Don't Break the Ice
Sorry
Battleship
Clue
Click-Clacks
Barbie dolls with Barbie Camper
Operation
Shutes & Ladders
Risk
Monopoly
Old Maid
Go Fish
Pogo Stick
Hoola Hoop

I think I'm a tad older than you ladies. My favoriate toys were:
Flatsy dolls
Kiddle dolls
Dawn doll
Baby Grow a Tooth
Colorforms
Lite Brite
Kerplunk (splg?)
Don't Break the Ice
Sorry
Battleship
Clue
Click-Clacks
Barbie dolls with Barbie Camper
Operation
Shutes & Ladders
Risk
Monopoly
Old Maid
Go Fish
Pogo Stick
Hoola Hoop

We must be from the same generation!

Tools and wood were my favorites. For Christmas when I was 10 or so years old, my Dad bought me a tool box full of real tools, nails, and a bunch of pieces of wood. Next year he gave me a pocket knife and special carving wood, because I had begged for it for so long; I almost didn't get it because they definitely didn't want me having a knife at that age). I built makeshift tree houses, tie racks, everything I could, lol.

The second toy was shared by my sister and I. We had a huge Playmobil Victorian Mansion and all the people and furniture that went with it. It was passed on to our cousins later!

My other favorites were:

-My Little Kitty/Puppy: small soft plastic toys with silky hair, and most of them had a special scent to them, like Lilac.
-Grand Champions: I collected these until I literally had no more to collect, and that must have been when I was around 11-13.
-Popples: I loved my popples, lol
-Yum Yums stuffed animals: These were stuffed animals that had candy/sweet names and appearances. Like Jelly Bean Jumper was a hot pink bunny with glittery jelly beans on her belly and smelled like them too! Sis and I collected as many of these as we could find, until they stopped making them.
-Cupcakes Dolls: They had fluffy skirts and pretty hair, with a cupcake hat as a top, and when you flipped their skirts up, they folded into a cupcake!

I also had a big Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles phase at one point, and later on in middle school, I collected tons of Star Wars toys and books.

I was an 80's child also :biggrin:

American Girl dolls!! I had two when I was younger and I cherished them. My younger sister plays with them now... along with 6 other dolls of her own. I used to dream of going to the one and only American Girl place in Chicago... but I was only able to order through the catalog. They opened another AG place in L.A. last year, and my sister goes there almost every month :wtf:

Makes me wish I was eleven years old again!! Oh well... that was my first obsession. Now its all about handbags :smile:

I was an 80's child. My favorites were:
My Little Ponies
The Carebears
Strawberry Shortcake
Barbie (especially Barbie and the Rockers)
Jem
Rainbow Brite
The Pound Puppies
Cabbage Patch Kids
Nerfuls
Wrinkles

I was an 80's child. My favorites were:
My Little Ponies
The Carebears
Strawberry Shortcake
Barbie (especially Barbie and the Rockers)
Jem
Rainbow Brite
The Pound Puppies
Cabbage Patch Kids
Nerfuls
Wrinkles

:yes:

I also loved Popples. And Teddy Ruxpin!

I loved Breyers and other model horses. My best friend and I were horse crazy and would play with them all the time.

I was also an 80's child.

I loved My Little Ponies and had the stable, Remember the ones that came out that were velvety feeling?! :nuts:

Care Bears and Care Bear Cousins. I had so many!

Barbie (Especially California Barbie, California Midge and the Hawaiian Miko doll. She had looong black hair and a bathing suit.

Rainbow Brite (Her and her dog!)

The Pound Puppies (oooh, i had the big ones and the little ones!)

Cabbage Patch Kids and Koosas. (Koosas were the animals.)

Other than that, i LOVED stuffed animals, sticks, dirt, grass, and anything outdoorsy. lol