What was your favorite childhood toy?

80's child too :
-Strawberry shortcake
-Barbie, espc. Barbie and the Rockers.....when I think of Ken's look now !!! silver clothes with neon pink stars and sleeveless tshirt and his hairstyle.....a mullet !!!!
-Lego
-Playmobil
These were my favorites...

ahhh I had a tiny sweet april doll that was made by a company called Remco in the early seventies. I got it on Christmas day, went to visit my nan and left her in the car. She was actually stolen on Christmas day!!! now thats heartless isnt it :biggrin:

I was devestated, and still think of that doll all the time. My parents replaced her, but to me, it wasnt the one that I perceived Santa had bought me!!!!

ahhh sweet april lol ;)

I used to looove jigsaw puzzles. But I was also obsessed with the meanies from Rainbow Brite (I still have a stuffed Lurky), the CareBears, Jem and my Betamax tape of Disney's Alice in Wonderland.

grand champions horses. i remember saving those little points things on the back of the container to get a free horse. my friend and i made little carts out of shoe boxes lol.

i was never into barbies.

I loved my Barbies and all her lovely accessories like the townhouse, airplane and Corvette......when I was really little I really loved playing all of my Fisher Price little people.

Anne

My favorite toy was the baby doll my Dad bought for my sister and me while he was in Europe for a contract job. It was the cutest thing. :tender:Even mom was amused by it.

The giant Barbie head that comes with a platter attached to it, where it holds all her makeup. You could do her hair and put her makeup on...I used to play with that all the time!

sea wees! hands down. omg i still want them back! but they're spency on ebay.
strawberry shortcake (and i'm dying to recollect them in the boxes or the miniatures)
poochie (ah, that commercial "poochie says i love you!" tee hee)
my little pony
cabbage patch dolls
lite brite
easy bake oven (was never told about refills so after i made the three mixes it came with i stared at it for years. my friend got me a new one last year and i bought one from the 70s on ebay)
smurfs
sorry
monopoly
barbies. love love love my barbies. esp the one with the tan. lol.

things i always wanted but never had:
snoopy snow cone maker
hungry hungry hippo

I was definitely a barbie girl as well, some of them weren't real Barbies but cheap plastic dolls and I loved changing their outfits and cutting their hair. I had my Walk with Me Barbie, that Barbie with Keiko the whale (i'd play with those in my tub), my Ice Skater Barbie (i've always loved watching the winter olympics for ice skating!),

and for those girls that mentioned american girl! I'm with you!!! Except they were too expensive for me. :sad: i always plotted (but never went through) plans on making money to save up for a doll and accessories. I hoarded the American Girl catalogs like CRAZY and loooooved looking at the accessories. I borrowed the books from my friend and I loved reading the stories about each doll.

I always wanted a Skip-It too even though it's like one of the most inane toys. I'd always takes my neighbor's and play with hers.

My parents never really spoiled me with toys... or anything in that matter...sigh... but i was still a happy kid! i think i had a big imagination or something.