What was your favorite childhood toy?

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. It's so much fun to see what others liked and remember fun toys! I don't think I had an absolute favorite, but a few I liked:

-American Girls Dolls - I have Felicity, Kirsten, and Samantha, these were my absolute favorites, so beautiful! They are all packed away now for future kids in the family.

-Barbie and the Rockers - they came with tapes!!

- Hot Looks Dolls - I don't know if anyone remembers these, they were large, flexible cloth dolls with plastic heads. They wore the best of 80s couture and plastic jewelry. I adored them!

- Breyer horses - I must still have 40 of these things packed away at my parents' houses.

How about you ladies and gents?

2. Fisher Price Little People and Barbie. I also colored and read a lot....but mostly, the great ourdoors...I loved swmming and any and all sports...oh, and baseball cards.

3. Barbie and Lego

4. I think I'm a tad older than you ladies. My favoriate toys were:
    Flatsy dolls
    Kiddle dolls
    Dawn doll
    Baby Grow a Tooth
    Colorforms
    Lite Brite
    Kerplunk (splg?)
    Don't Break the Ice
    Sorry
    Battleship
    Clue
    Click-Clacks
    Barbie dolls with Barbie Camper
    Operation
    Shutes & Ladders
    Risk
    Monopoly
    Old Maid
    Go Fish
    Pogo Stick
    Hoola Hoop

5. I used to love making clothes and furniture for my Sindy doll (UK equivilent to Barbie)

6. We must be from the same generation!

7. I'm an 80s kid :amuse:

My Little Pony
    Pound Puppies
    Barbie
    Jem
    New Kids on the Block dolls (Joe was the best looking :nuts:)
    He-Man and She-Ra
    Care Bears
    Cabbage Patch Kids

8. Tools and wood were my favorites. For Christmas when I was 10 or so years old, my Dad bought me a tool box full of real tools, nails, and a bunch of pieces of wood. Next year he gave me a pocket knife and special carving wood, because I had begged for it for so long; I almost didn't get it because they definitely didn't want me having a knife at that age). I built makeshift tree houses, tie racks, everything I could, lol.

The second toy was shared by my sister and I. We had a huge Playmobil Victorian Mansion and all the people and furniture that went with it. It was passed on to our cousins later!

My other favorites were:

-My Little Kitty/Puppy: small soft plastic toys with silky hair, and most of them had a special scent to them, like Lilac.
    -Grand Champions: I collected these until I literally had no more to collect, and that must have been when I was around 11-13.
    -Popples: I loved my popples, lol
    -Yum Yums stuffed animals: These were stuffed animals that had candy/sweet names and appearances. Like Jelly Bean Jumper was a hot pink bunny with glittery jelly beans on her belly and smelled like them too! Sis and I collected as many of these as we could find, until they stopped making them.
    -Cupcakes Dolls: They had fluffy skirts and pretty hair, with a cupcake hat as a top, and when you flipped their skirts up, they folded into a cupcake!

I also had a big Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles phase at one point, and later on in middle school, I collected tons of Star Wars toys and books.

I was an 80's child also :biggrin:

9. Barbie

10. American Girl dolls!! I had two when I was younger and I cherished them. My younger sister plays with them now... along with 6 other dolls of her own. I used to dream of going to the one and only American Girl place in Chicago... but I was only able to order through the catalog. They opened another AG place in L.A. last year, and my sister goes there almost every month :wtf:

Makes me wish I was eleven years old again!! Oh well... that was my first obsession. Now its all about handbags :smile:

11. I was an 80's child. My favorites were:
    My Little Ponies
    The Carebears
    Strawberry Shortcake
    Barbie (especially Barbie and the Rockers)
    Jem
    Rainbow Brite
    The Pound Puppies
    Cabbage Patch Kids
    Nerfuls
    Wrinkles

12. :yes:

I also loved Popples. And Teddy Ruxpin!

I loved Breyers and other model horses. My best friend and I were horse crazy and would play with them all the time.

13. I was also an 80's child.

I loved My Little Ponies and had the stable, Remember the ones that came out that were velvety feeling?! :nuts:

Care Bears and Care Bear Cousins. I had so many!

Barbie (Especially California Barbie, California Midge and the Hawaiian Miko doll. She had looong black hair and a bathing suit.

Rainbow Brite (Her and her dog!)

The Pound Puppies (oooh, i had the big ones and the little ones!)

Cabbage Patch Kids and Koosas. (Koosas were the animals.)

Other than that, i LOVED stuffed animals, sticks, dirt, grass, and anything outdoorsy. lol

14. had to be my Polly Pockets, Barbie Dolls & My Little Ponys!

15. ^ I loved Miko and California Midge!

I forgot about Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake. I had Strawberry Shortcake silverware, plates and bowls :nuts: