What was your favorite bag in college/in your 20s?

161cm

Jul 2, 2012
Hi :smile:

I'm currently a college student + a new TPFer! Everyone is so in-the-know and intelligent about handbags now, but I was curious what you guys carried when you were in college or in your early 20s! Of course, if you're in college now, what's your favorite bag to tote around?

So - what was your favorite bag in your good ol' college days, or early 20s? :smile: And do you still carry it around/would you still wear it? :P

I didn't get into designer handbags until grad school. In undergrad it was a purple pleather bag from Target. It sounds awful, and in hindsight, it was. In grad school I had much better taste. It was a black Alexander McQueen crossbody (I can't remember the name). I still have it!

In my 20's was the late 70's - to mid 80's. All I used was a backpack in college and after college I used a Coach briefcase and no-name purses. I got my first designer bag (not including a few Coach bags which back then was not considered designer in my experience) when I was ~ 34, an LV LArge Randonee in 1990. A late bloomer, I guess ;) But I made up for lost time:P

Hi :smile:

I'm currently a college student + a new TPFer! Everyone is so in-the-know and intelligent about handbags now, but I was curious what you guys carried when you were in college or in your early 20s! Of course, if you're in college now, what's your favorite bag to tote around?

So - what was your favorite bag in your good ol' college days, or early 20s? :smile: And do you still carry it around/would you still wear it? :P

We should start a college purse subforum

that or a designer purse DeCal ;)

In my 20's was the late 70's - to mid 80's. All I used was a backpack in college and after college I used a Coach briefcase and no-name purses. I got my first designer bag (not including a few Coach bags which back then was not considered designer in my experience) when I was ~ 34, an LV LArge Randonee in 1990. A late bloomer, I guess ;) But I made up for lost time:P

Interesting thread-I wore Dooney and Bourke during my college years. In my mid to late 20's Louis Vuitton was my choice.

I carried Dooney & Bourke when I started college in the mid 90s. Got my first LV around the beginning of my senior year.

I'm currently using a LV Neverfull for my everyday bag :smile: It's so useful. I feel kind of bad for the way I treat it sometimes (tough love), but it's so durable and the leather ages really well!

Even though I had a truckload of lovely, stylish bags at home at Uni I carried a Samsonite travel bag - I carried my life around in that bag and also a Tula little flat cross-body - never went anywhere without it (just had throw the little Tula away :cry:smile:

I used a coach coated canvas tote. It was huge with enough room for my books/notebooks and my junk too. Since it was coated it has held up well the only wear it has is a loose thread on the leather shoulder straps and the leather corners got dirty. I use it as my travel handbag now since I can stuff so much junk it it. Outside of travel I don't use it too much since I generally don't carry a lot of stuff around.