What was your best job?

1. After reading and posting twice in Megs' cab ride thread I am inspired to ask you ladies what was your best job and why?

Mine was being a cab driver. I fell into it after working in the office for a year and a half-they made an announcement that there would be no raises that year and I worked with the drivers booking them out, taking their cash, assigning cars, etc and they all said I should drive so I went to my boss and said I love working here but I need more money so I'd like to try driving so he let me lease by the hour I worked inside from 3-11 and I drove from 11-whenever, the dispatchers were feeding me at first we were all friends but then I just picked it up and within a month I was driving full time! I did this for 4 years I leased the car so basically I was my own boss as far as when and where I worked but I was out there every night the money was fabulous, I had a lot of fun it did not feel like work at all. I've done a lot of things in my life I waitressed, bartended, was a bank teller, then I did the corporate thing and I ultimately went back to that, "retiring" (permanent disability) from what will be the largest telco in the US which would fall under the "worst job thread"

2. The best job I had was a Store Manager of a start up clothing line out of downtown LA- anyone hear of I.S. or Interstate jeans, clothing? The BEST parts were displays, marketing and buying. I loved it until the DM accused me of stealing $400!! I was so upset, but oh well what goes around comes around. I have had about 30+ jobs since I was 16 and each one I HATED- I do not like people telling me what to do, I love working for myself and running my own business. NOW 2 kids and a marriage later my best job is being a mom and selling avon (to myself), I am also president of my local chapter of the moms club. Best jobs I have!!
    Monica

3. When I was younger, I'd say when I was a model. I got paid to have people put clothes and jewelry on me and do my hair!

Ironically, when I was older, my best job was when I was a Fashion Director for a major department store. I got paid to figure out what the models would wear for our live fashion shows, and I also selected and styled the models for our catalog shoots. Great fun!

4. Ironically, my 'best' job was one of my toughest. I was in the import/export business and slaved away over a hot desk :lol: processing paperwork and was constantly on the phone with shippers, steamship lines, airlines, truckers, warehouse workers, customs, FDA, you name it. I had a demanding boss who was pretty pompous and caustic at times but boy he knew his stuff.

So...why did I like this job? I learned more about organization, communicating and multi tasking at this job than anywhere else. I learned so many skills that I still draw upon today and try to develop further.

5. I've only had a handful of jobs so far and the best was being a Resident Assistant at my college. It's not a job int he real working world but that's the job I enjoyed most so far. I'm still at the job I have right after graduating (and I hate it).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice