What was I thinking? To sell or not to sell...

1. I was very seriously considering selling or trading my black 05 Twiggy, thinking that with three black bags I have enough. Yet I grabbed it this morning, am LOVING it all over again. and now am thinking of getting yet ANOTHER black Bbag. Am I crazy? I do love black, 90% of my wardrobe is black, all my shoes are black. I have no problem not wearing color.

Anyone else ever get tempted to send their BBags out to new homes?

2. Nope. I love every one of them, and for different reasons and occasions. Every once in a while, when I see a new Bbag that I want, I ask myself whether I would sell one of my bags to finance it... it's a way to talk myself into a purchase, but who am I kidding?
    I've also been known to call them "investments" to DB... but see previous point: who am I kidding? :graucho:

3. ^^ yes, calling them 'investments'... investments in your happiness!

Love your avatar pic -- is that a caramel city?

4. Well at least with black you can always buy it again since they make it every season...but you can't beat the older leathers so I would say KEEP THEM ALL!

5. Thanks, Pointie!! No, not a city, it's a caramel 02 flat brass classique that I was very lucky to find a little while ago... another "investment"

6. hang on to that bag! no sense in selling something you love! generally the bags i end up selling are bags that i loved for aesthetic reasons, but just aren't practical for me or my life (I'm talking to you silk balenciaga evening bag. honestly, i barely ever get off the couch, much less attend black tie events!).

7. Oh yes! I would have every style I could get in Ink if I could find them! My Balenciaga bags are the first ones ever that I dont want to sell after a few weeks of use. I have one listed now but thats only because I bought another City. Trying to stay within some sort of budget...not doing a great job at it!

8. Ha, I know about not staying within budget for handbags. AND... I bought two other black bags (Rochas and LV) this fall. and now I want another.:wacko:

9. don't sell! you cannot sell your babies!! they will cry and miss you dearly.

keep them!

10. If you still love the bag and enjoy using it you will probably regret selling. I can relate to buying black bags--I can never have too many since I wear black 90% of the time. I can also relate to how tough it is to decide whether to keep or sell a bag. I bought a rouge vif city and have only taken it out twice because it just doesn't feel right (probably because it's not black). I keep toying with selling this bag because it's really not me, yet it is so beautiful I've been unable to part with it.

I say keep the black bag and don't be afraid to buy another since you are obviously partial to black.

11. If you are loving the black and the style I would keep it. You may regret it down the line and there is nothing worse than missing a bag you sold but realize later you should of kept.

12. hold onto it and ejoy it! at least til u are 100% positive you want to sell it! :popcorn:

13. I've sold my Black city and bought 2 ink (Work + Purse)...
    and now I'm going to buy another Black City...

So if you want to sell you Twiggy : go !!!
    You'll always find another black later !!!

14. valerieb -- The rouge vif is beautiful! but I have the same reluctance about bright Bbags, that I am not going to wear them. It's nice to think about Magenta and Blue Roi and Rouille, it's another to actually carry bags in bright colors. I have a Marron and love that, but I do a lot of brown outerwear, and my luggage is brown Damier, so Marron is just fine.

Fromparis -- The thing is, my twiggy is so beautifully broken in like an old leather jacket, and I think a lot of would-be twiggy buyers want the shiny pristine Bbag experience.

15. I do this all the time. I live in New York--my wardrobe consists of black, black, black and --black--then I think I have too many black bags and buy some colors for an accent. Then I think--what am I doing with all these colors--they just sit in the closet while I reach for the black bags. I hate to say this, but it's an unending dilemma--at least for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice