What was Costco thinking....?????

reminds me of the movie idiocracy takes place in the future anyway you can buy your college degree at costco. They buy everything at costco. such a silly movie but scary on what there take on the future will be like. this is a comedy.

My costco does have the display out - they have a few different kinds displayed. Haven't quite got the guts up to walk over and check them out yet - still kinda scares me. This one time this little boy told his sister he was going to shove her in one - and her mom freaked. Was a little amusing, albeit morbid.

When papa passed away my mom got him the best casket money could buy. It was beautiful - he looked so good, almost as if he had never been sick. It also came with a cross that the priest blessed and then gave to my grandma.

doubtfulguest - where in norcal are you from? would be a coincidence if we were near each other.

Wow, I never realized how expensive these were. And costco is supposed to be cheap.

For people who get cremated, do they still use a casket for viewing? How does that work? What happens to the casket after the funeral?

I heard of this guy that had bought a casket and used to sleep in it just to get used to the feeling because he knew he was about to die, oh well he just did not die and continue to live for many more years he liked sleeping in the casket to much (he did it for many years) he ended up divorcing from his wife. So creepy, TRUE STORY I am not lying.

The costco by my house has a display of them. And it's because Colma is the next city over (There's more dead people living there, then alive people) My mom showed me one day we were standing in line for them to check our merch. I went over and touched them, no biggie. But Costco pretty much sells everything!

The costco by my house has a display of them. And it's because Colma is the next city over (There's more dead people living there, then alive people) My mom showed me one day we were standing in line for them to check our merch. I went over and touched them, no biggie. But Costco pretty much sells everything!

I go to that Costco too. The caskets don't really freak me out either, well...unless there's someone in it.

Wow, I never realized how expensive these were. And costco is supposed to be cheap.

For people who get cremated, do they still use a casket for viewing? How does that work? What happens to the casket after the funeral?

I've been to several funerals where the person was cremated... they displayed the urn on a table as a "viewing". I don't think too many people want to be displayed whole and cremated later, although... I am positive someone has done it. Isn't there a rule about re-using a casket?

But you don't need a fancy casket to be cremated in, a cardboard box is fine. I like the idea of friends and family decorating it as well... I mean, death is a fact of life and while we mourn the loss of someone we love, we also assist them into the next plane by giving them a personal send-off, yes? Yes. It's not morbid in my opinion, since I'm pretty sure this life is just a stepping stone.

I've been to several funerals where the person was cremated... they displayed the urn on a table as a "viewing". I don't think too many people want to be displayed whole and cremated later, although... I am positive someone has done it. Isn't there a rule about re-using a casket?

But you don't need a fancy casket to be cremated in, a cardboard box is fine. I like the idea of friends and family decorating it as well... I mean, death is a fact of life and while we mourn the loss of someone we love, we also assist them into the next plane by giving them a personal send-off, yes? Yes. It's not morbid in my opinion, since I'm pretty sure this life is just a stepping stone.

I have no idea what the actual rule on this is, but the casket for display issue was broached in an episode of 6 Feet Under. I believe the show said something along the lines of being a health and safety issue to "reuse" a casket that one has been displayed in.. so you couldn't, or at least not in the fictional TV world !

I don't get it... where the heck would you keep it if you bought one? In the basement? In the garage? What do you tell friends when they come over? Here's the washer and dryer, and over here is my casket.... ???