What types of anti-shines does everyone use?

makeupbyomar

Professional Make-up Artist
Oct 17, 2018
Sometimes powders don't cut it or are inappropriate to use on some skin textures such as on men or on darker skin tones as they look too powdery or too matte. Here are my anti-shine alternatives: What does everyone else use?

Attachments

• IMG_3588x.jpg
    IMG_3588x.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I bought nanoblur but don't really know how to use it properly. It says to apply after makeup. I have put a bit on my finger and tapped it in a few spots but don't think it gives the full effect. How are you applying it?

I bought nanoblur but don't really know how to use it properly. It says to apply after makeup. I have put a bit on my finger and tapped it in a few spots but don't think it gives the full effect. How are you applying it?
Yeah we use it after make-up as well. (Nanoblur is meant for minimizing fine lines.) We use it as an anti-shine.

We squeeze about an nickle sized amount on a palette or the back of your hand and then use a wedge to apply a thin layer like you would a moisturizer or a foundation on any area that it is shiny. For bald heads, a little more product is required.

To prevent or minimize make-ups from being lifted away, use a gentle stippling motion until the product is absorbed.

Last edited:
Excellent, thank you! I tried a flat synthetic eye liner/concealer brush the other day with Nanoblur and it wasn't too bad. Had to be careful not to use too much otherwise it doesn't seem to dry down.

The Revlon anti-shine compact is pretty good too. Going to try it as a eye shadow primer next. My skin gets shine but other areas are dry, which can be difficult with foundation. Just picked up an Elizabeth Arden primer from Marshalls, cheap enough to try out and toss in the bin if it is a fail. It is fluid, and seems to be working well for my dry under eye areas.

Excellent, thank you! I tried a flat synthetic eye liner/concealer brush the other day with Nanoblur and it wasn't too bad. Had to be careful not to use too much otherwise it doesn't seem to dry down.

The Revlon anti-shine compact is pretty good too. Going to try it as a eye shadow primer next. My skin gets shine but other areas are dry, which can be difficult with foundation. Just picked up an Elizabeth Arden primer from Marshalls, cheap enough to try out and toss in the bin if it is a fail. It is fluid, and seems to be working well for my dry under eye areas.
Yeah that's the trick with Nanoblur (and most products) a little goes a long way. I found the same thing when using brushes at first, then I switched to using a sponge and got better results.

The Revlon anti-shine compact is the same as the Dr. Feelgood one from Benefit. They both work very well. Let us know how it goes :smile: