Food What Type of Coffee Pot do you Own?

i am a certified coffee fiend and have been through the gamut with machines and makers-
for espresso, i have a Jura Capresso J9 Super Automatic Espresso Machine that i LOVE... and as to brewed coffee, i have had many many- and the most recent is the Breville for Keurig Coffee Machine... i am definitely a coffee snob, and never had ANY interest in models such as the Keurig, until i was staying with my SIL and she had one, and i shockingly loved it... the ONLY reason i bought it was that i am NOT limited to Keurig coffees as it has a basket/ pod to load my own coffees should i prefer mine to the Keurig choices...with that being said, i have found MANY Keurig Coffee pods that are surprisingly really good and have NEVER once felt a need to load my own/ use the basket. It is SO convenient, especially when i have company who all have different preferences with regards to coffee, especially for those who want decaf.

I use a french press and MUCH prefer it over a regular coffee maker. The coffee has a lot more body and flavour than from a coffee maker, because the grounds actually brew IN the water for the whole time, instead of just passing through them in a regular coffee maker.

The only thing to remember is that you can't use regular grounds that you buy from the supermarket. You have to get them from an actual coffee shop and tell them to grind it for a french press-you need a coarser ground that won't pass through the filter. Also, don't drink the last couple of sips in the cup! They're usually very sludgy.

The great thing is that they're very cheap and don't take up much room. I used to use a lot of flavoured creamer, but since switching to a french press I just add a bit of milk and sugar-the coffee has enough flavour on its own.

I have a Cuisinart thermal in stainless steel and I LOVE IT. I love it so much I bought a similar model for my mom. It keeps coffee hot for hours without being on (so it doesn't get that concentrated, bitter taste). It's simple to clean and has a water filter and clock/timer for auto-start. I have the Grind and Brew model but don't actually like the way the grind works so I just got my mom the regular thermal model without it.

My espresso machine is the Cuisinart EM-200 Programmable 15-Bar Espresso Maker, also in stainless steel. It's easy to use, adjustable strength, takes pods and grinds, does singles and doubles, and is easy to clean. It's not perfect but for the price I think it's above par.

We use a Keurig machine.. which probably doesn't qualify as a coffee pot, but I LOVE IT! You don't have to use the individual k-cups (because they get expensive after awhile) it comes with a mini filter you can use for loose coffee grinds. HTH :heart:

I have a Keurig as well. The only thing I don't like is that it is bad for the environment with all those K-Cups going in the garbage.

Another Keuring owner; I also have a Cuisinart Grind and Brew with the Stainless Steel pot for when company come over. I love the grind and brew because the coffee is so fresh but it is a little much to clean when I just need one cup of coffee.

My roommates and I just upgraded to a Keurig about 2 weeks ago, we're all obsessed. I don't think we've ever drank this much coffee before ahaha. The only downside is the Kcups are expensive, we're broke college girls. I'm going to look into the little filter thing!