What two bags should I buy?!

Chauvka

Oct 15, 2019
I’m going to Paris in 49 days (I’m a little excited). Planning to buy my first Louis Vuitton bag(s). Any suggestions on what I should get? I like shoulder and crossbody. I’m thinking of one of the following combinations (if I can find them)

1) speedy b 30 + Neverfull mm
2) speedy b 30 + favorite mm
3) speedy b 30 + Felicie

I really like the graceful and Iena but I think I’m too scared of the folded corners. Any and all suggestions welcome. I also really wanted the Turenne, but it’s discontinued :sad:

Reactions: Meesh202
I’m going to Paris in 49 days (I’m a little excited). Planning to buy my first Louis Vuitton bag(s). Any suggestions on what I should get? I like shoulder and crossbody. I’m thinking of one of the following combinations (if I can find them)

3) speedy b 30 + Felicie

I really like the graceful and Iena but I think I’m too scared of the folded corners. Any and all suggestions welcome. I also really wanted the Turenne, but it’s discontinued :sad:

I would encourage #3. The Felicie is great as an evening bag and Speedy is great as a casual bag.

good luck on finding a Favorite.

I spoke with my SA (I’m in Orlando) about the corner wear issue with Graceful. She asserted that the store has not received returns as of yet. She also attributed issues could stem from overusing bags rather than rotating and/or not treating bags gently.

I agree and disagree with that last statement. Extensive use equals wear. However, it appears buying a handbag over $1k is not the same as buying luggage. We are buying a look, and if treated right, the handbag should last.

I tried on the Graceful and absolutely loved it. I told her to call me if she comes across a Graceful MIF.

Reactions: Iceskate
I would encourage #3. The Felicie is great as an evening bag and Speedy is great as a casual bag.

good luck on finding a Favorite.

I spoke with my SA (I’m in Orlando) about the corner wear issue with Graceful. She asserted that the store has not received returns as of yet. She also attributed issues could stem from overusing bags rather than rotating and/or not treating bags gently.

I agree and disagree with that last statement. Extensive use equals wear. However, it appears buying a handbag over $1k is not the same as buying luggage. We are buying a look, and if treated right, the handbag should last.

I tried on the Graceful and absolutely loved it. I told her to call me if she comes across a Graceful MIF.

Im in Orlando too!! Winter Park, to be exact. I also tried on the graceful at melenia and loved it, but I was worried about the folded corners. I guess I’ll keep it on the list though because it’s a beautiful bag. For now, I am leaning towards the speedy and the felicie with the Sarah wallet and a 6 key holder. I’ll let y’all know what I end up with. And if you think of anymore suggestions, please let me know. I appreciate all the input.

Im in Orlando too!! Winter Park, to be exact. I also tried on the graceful at melenia and loved it, but I was worried about the folded corners. I guess I’ll keep it on the list though because it’s a beautiful bag. For now, I am leaning towards the speedy and the felicie with the Sarah wallet and a 6 key holder. I’ll let y’all know what I end up with. And if you think of anymore suggestions, please let me know. I appreciate all the input.

tres cool!

3) speedy b 30 + Felicie

If you have your heart set on the speedy, I’d say get that and the Felicie! I find felicie and favourite quite similar so I would probably skip the latter then. The neverfull is also an iconic tote, though a zipped tote like Siena or Iena would probably be my preference. Try them all on and decide!

Out of those choices I would pick Felicie and Speedy B 30. If you can, I would suggest trying the Speedy B 25 on, I liked this size much better when worn cross body. I also have the Graceful MM in mono and love it, no wear issues.

3) speedy b 30 + Felicie

I think Louis Vuitton’s

3) speedy b 30 + Felicie

I personally think LV monogram and Damier are gaudy and basic. Everyone has one. I know I’m being abrupt. I’m probably in the minority since everyone has one. Spending that amount on canvas is obscene. If I were to buy a LV handbag I’d go with an EPI leather in the Alma or the Pochette, or buy one more expensive bag than two. The Vernis can be pretty and you still have the imprint of the LV if that is important to you. Of course this is my opinion. I prefer Dior and Chanel bags to Louis Vuitton.

Reactions: gettinpurseonal
I don't have a speedy B 30 anymore, but I do have a Multicolore Speedy 30 and enjoy the size very much and find it a practical bag. Your second choices are all so different, it's hard to say. I have a Chanel WOC that I've always preferred over the Felicie, which I see as similar bags. If you want an evening bag, then the Felicie will do the job. I've had the Favorite and NF MM and sold both, so it's hard to vote for those.

Have a great trip!!!

Reactions: BrodyAlice