What to wish for my birthday?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello Ladies,

I need inspiration! My husband is asking me what I want for my upcoming birthday in March. I am happy with my bag collection and now I am thinking of jewelry or a watch, perhaps Rolex or Cartier.
    But I don’t have any idea what to choose. I don’t wear a watch. I have a Cartier Love (and was thinking about getting one more), but I think I don’t want to stack love bracelets. For rings I only wear my wedding band and engagement ring.

So Ladies, what would you choose?

2. Depends on your taste and need.

Do you like pearls? Do you have a good necklace or two? There's VCA for the delicate looks, or high-grade pearls, or Hermes silver Farandole necklace in various lenghts...the options are many.​

Le Lion likes this.
  3. VCA bracelets or earrings are to die for and classic .

4. What an unusual query...The answer is whatever you like, not what a bunch of strangers like! Go to a few jewelry stores with your husband, have a nice lunch and make a day of selecting something that adds joy to your life. Happy Birthday!

CoastalCouture and LizO... like this.
  5. By the way, none of the conventional jewelry items people will mention here (including my previous post) would have any priority for me if I had an occasion to mark. I like rarer, more niche items. Thus, it helps to know what you actually want and like.

6. If you’re satisfied with your bag collection then naturally expanding your jewellery would be the next thing to do :idea::amuse: What do you wear mostly, necklaces or bracelets or maybe earrings. If it’s a ‘milestone’ birthday then perhaps it’d be a good idea to mark it somehow with engraved piece? Are you shopping for brands? I love Pomellato, Chimento, Bigli, Lisa Eldridge to name just a few, they make fun beautiful pieces for everyday wear. A watch would be another good choice, I personally like Cartier and Jaeger Le Coultre they make gorgeous classics. There are too many! :amazed::biggrin:

7. Thank you! I have a pair of pearl earrings, but don’t wear them a lot. Thank you for mentioning VCA, I will have a look.

I know, but since I am so clueless it is nice to get some hints and inspirations :smile:

Yes, there are just too many! I don’t wear a lot of necklaces, but I would check out the brands you mentioned. Thank you!

8. Well, it’s more for inspiration. Like the „what’s on your wishlist“ threads ;) . Because I’m not into jewelry I value some hints from you Ladies :smile:

Yes, I also thought about getting something made for me. But again, I have to find some inspiration :smile:

9. I wouldn’t start with something branded until I have my “staples” in place. How about some diamond studs and/or solitaire pendant? That’s just me though.

10. It doesn’t sound like you really want jewelry either as you seem satisfied and don’t wear much? Do you have diamond stud earrings? Maybe go look and see if you really like anything. Forget the watch if you don’t wear one.