what to wear with this??

linhhhuynh

always an if in life
May 19, 2010
i've recently acquired this Marc Jacobs skirt:
marcteal01.jpg

marcteal02.jpg

and have no idea what to wear it with... it's a true teal color, not bright, and does not lean more towards blue or green. very teal. i need to get it tailored because it's pretty big on me... once i tailor it it's going to be mid length, a little above my knee. right now it's at my knee and too big.

what do i wear with it??? i would appreciate some dressy ideas, and some plainer everyday ones too (if this can be worn casually??)

my sister dislikes it, and says she doesn't know why i'd want a skirt that "makes you look like a fairy princess."
Tink looks pretty cute to me!
tinkerbell61.jpg

aaaaaaaaaall black (tights, 3/4 sleeve top or tank top) with nice shoes

Or white would do as well :smile:

i feel like white is too much?? i like the idea of all black, it's the outfit that i've been thinking of too.

a 3/4 length top sounds perfect. like kind of tight, maybe a little scoopneck-y?

yep :smile: exactly scoop neck 3/4 sleeve bodysuit type tight with the skirt would be lovely :smile:

I'd go a bit further and wear with leopard peeptoes but that's silly quirky me :P

I'd actually pair this with a fitted crisp white button up and a nude shoe. With a gorgeous skirt like this, you want the emphasis to be on the legs. Since it's also has a slight A line, you could belt it with a nude/neutral belt.

For a more business look, you can pair it with black patent pumps and matching belt with a black cardigan or a hip length blazer (boyfriend blazer would be too long).

I would pair it with grey, camel or cream-colored tops. Ballerina neckline fitted Ts, floaty blouses and a black cardigan or blazer for day and even a metallic top for dressier occasions.

It's a beautiful skirt :smile:)

Definitely make the skirt the focal point of your outfit. Because it's such a strong colour and the shape is very flowy, I would pair it with a tight fitting solid coloured topic, IE black or white. I would keep the shoes and accessories very simple as well. I love MBMJ... Congrats on the skirt. It's just TDF!