what to wear with this??

linhhhuynh

always an if in life
May 19, 2010
i've recently acquired this Marc Jacobs skirt:

and have no idea what to wear it with... it's a true teal color, not bright, and does not lean more towards blue or green. very teal. i need to get it tailored because it's pretty big on me... once i tailor it it's going to be mid length, a little above my knee. right now it's at my knee and too big.

what do i wear with it??? i would appreciate some dressy ideas, and some plainer everyday ones too (if this can be worn casually??)

my sister dislikes it, and says she doesn't know why i'd want a skirt that "makes you look like a fairy princess."
Tink looks pretty cute to me!

Mininana

Dino <3
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
aaaaaaaaaall black (tights, 3/4 sleeve top or tank top) with nice shoes

Or white would do as well :smile:

linhhhuynh

always an if in life
May 19, 2010
aaaaaaaaaall black (tights, 3/4 sleeve top or tank top) with nice shoes

Or white would do as well :smile:
i feel like white is too much?? i like the idea of all black, it's the outfit that i've been thinking of too.

a 3/4 length top sounds perfect. like kind of tight, maybe a little scoopneck-y?

Mininana

Dino <3
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
yep :smile: exactly scoop neck 3/4 sleeve bodysuit type tight with the skirt would be lovely :smile:

I'd go a bit further and wear with leopard peeptoes but that's silly quirky me :P

d-girl1011

super stylin' nerd
Mar 2, 2009
Great White North
I love it! I would wear a gray or black fitted cashmere cardigan or boatneck or crewneck sweater with this. And pearls. You could also do cream or camel.

linhhhuynh

always an if in life
May 19, 2010
the two tops pictured are from Gap. will consider those once my skirt is tailored. what about shoes??

kendal

Apr 8, 2008
Black tights, black scoop neck tank top & medium grey blazer. I think the blazer would offset the flouncy-ness / princess quality of the skirt.

ricky11

Jul 28, 2006
theory makes a short sleeve, fitted turtleneck called elisabeth that i own in black. i would definitely wear that with this skirt. and black shoes/boots!

AEGIS

lettin' them have it
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
i'd probably wear color with it, a cool tshirt, baby pink, orange....but i like color....

kgirl<3

I·R 1/f
Feb 2, 2010
I'd actually pair this with a fitted crisp white button up and a nude shoe. With a gorgeous skirt like this, you want the emphasis to be on the legs. Since it's also has a slight A line, you could belt it with a nude/neutral belt.

For a more business look, you can pair it with black patent pumps and matching belt with a black cardigan or a hip length blazer (boyfriend blazer would be too long).

candy2100

O.G.
Dec 7, 2007
Fantasyland
I would pair it with grey, camel or cream-colored tops. Ballerina neckline fitted Ts, floaty blouses and a black cardigan or blazer for day and even a metallic top for dressier occasions.

It's a beautiful skirt :smile:)

jenaywins

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
Definitely make the skirt the focal point of your outfit. Because it's such a strong colour and the shape is very flowy, I would pair it with a tight fitting solid coloured topic, IE black or white. I would keep the shoes and accessories very simple as well. I love MBMJ... Congrats on the skirt. It's just TDF!