What to wear with this? please help...

chambersb

Jan 14, 2014
I scored these two skirts for cheap. Black is LOFT and almond colored one is American Eagle. Both are soft, hits a little above the knee with a rather fitted waist band, zip on the sides. Sits right below my natural waist.

Nothing I put on with them looks good. Perhaps I'm not pairing it up with the right top and accessories or this style just isn't meant for my shape.

Please... Any words of advice?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414581811.161436.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1414581823.283259.jpg

I would wear the black with a chunky sweater (maybe cowl/turtle neck). Then add some cool tights and black booties.

For a more preppy look, you could wear it with a white button down, blazer and knee high socks or boots.

What's your body shape? That really plays a factor in how to style a skirt like this. If you have a really long torso, proportions may look a little off with something high-waisted.
I second the chunky knit pairing, something a bit loose/oversized and half tucked in the front with tights or tall boots.

A loose graphic tee knotted in the front with a denim button up with rolled sleeves as a cover up. Thigh-high socks and brogues/oxfords would complete the look. And of course, knee-high socks and maybe some pumps for an SJP kind of look.

I also like the white top/blazer combo, but I would go for a plain tee because the material of the skirts are more on the casual side.

What's your body shape? That really plays a factor in how to style a skirt like this. If you have a really long torso, proportions may look a little off with something high-waisted.
I second the chunky knit pairing, something a bit loose/oversized and half tucked in the front with tights or tall boots.

A loose graphic tee knotted in the front with a denim button up with rolled sleeves as a cover up. Thigh-high socks and brogues/oxfords would complete the look. And of course, knee-high socks and maybe some pumps for an SJP kind of look.

I also like the white top/blazer combo, but I would go for a plain tee because the material of the skirts are more on the casual side.

I like the way you think 😄. My style is pretty eclectic and I think I was trying to be way to formal with these skirts.

I'm rather long in the torso and pear shaped.

I think my suggestions would work pretty well with your body shape. If you're wearing tops untucked and pulled over the skirt, just make sure they don't come down too far, ie past the hips. Experiment with what you have in the closet!

I think both would look really cute with a striped tee, either short or long-sleeved.. With that you could try pairing the lighter one with nude or gold flip flop sandals and a nice necklace for summer and the black one with tights and ankle boots in the winter and without tights come spring:smile: I have similar skirts and am somewhat pear-shaped as well and the stripes on the top draw the attention upwards what I kind of like;)