What to wear with this dress to a wedding?

picolo

Sep 16, 2006
I'm wearing this dress to a wedding and I *must* wear tights to cover up hideous marks on my legs. What shoes and accessories should i wear with this? I'm 5' 2" and 105lbs.

lewch2000312010_347x683f.jpg

I think gold/bronze accesories would be gorgeous with it! And I was going to say a strappy gold heel would go great with it but you're wearing black tights and well.. that wouldn't look too great LOL!

And a black shoe will look a lot better then a tan shoe! I like the pair above!

Hi,

I'm considering the following shoes:

NINE WEST HEELS IN PATENT

1396-472324-p.jpg

SAME SHOES IN BLACK SUEDE

6901-472321-p.jpg

STEVEN IN PATENT

6219-431947-p.jpg

BLACK SATIN

3279-477555-p.jpg

BCBGIRLS IN PATENT

4998-435052-p.jpg

These are the only decent ones i can find on zappos.com. If you have any suggestions please don't hesitate to let me know! Thanks :smile:

evanescent:
I'm pretty sure it'd fall mid-thigh (assuming the measurement given on the website is accurate)

I wouldnt wear black shoes to a wedding, and I wouldt wear black tights either:
I would wear nude colour tights, enough to cover up your marks on your legs, and I would either wear something like this:

Alexander%20McQueen%201.jpg

Alexander McQueen pumps, and take a pair of flats just incase for the dancing at night Hehe.
x

:s You're wearing that dress to the wedding? Do the Bride & Groom know that you're planning on wearing such a short dress? I'm sorry, I come from a semi-traditional family and people would be staring during the whole ceremony if somebody came wearing such a short dress. Anyway, I'm not here to judge - so...

I wouldn't wear black shoes with that dress....Not much help, sorry!

Well, I wouldnt be wanting to wear black tights if my marks weren't that bad. Guess I should just stick with pants huh?

lamiastella: I am only 5' 2", the model is like, say, 5'8"? The dress wouldnt be short on me! What color shoes do you suggest ?

Have you thought about wearing coloured tights, such as opaque deep plum or slate or navy blue? When is the wedding? Is it indoors or outdoors? Those all will effect how dressy or casual you can make the accesories to the dress. I like some of the shoes you chose, esp the patent ones. I would go with a round toe pump though. It makes the outfit seem slightly more demure and sophisticated as opposed to "sexy". If you go with black tights, the black shoes with it will make your legs look longer. If you go with a deep colour i might wear bronze round toe pumps or find a pair to match the dress or the tights.

Have you thought about wearing coloured tights, such as opaque deep plum or slate or navy blue? When is the wedding? Is it indoors or outdoors? Those all will effect how dressy or casual you can make the accesories to the dress. I like some of the shoes you chose, esp the patent ones. I would go with a round toe pump though. It makes the outfit seem slightly more demure and sophisticated as opposed to "sexy". If you go with black tights, the black shoes with it will make your legs look longer. If you go with a deep colour i might wear bronze round toe pumps or find a pair to match the dress or the tights.

I have thought about opaque deep colors but I can't seem to find any around. The black tights im wearing would be semi-opaque to opaque; I have both. I like semi-opaque, but on the other hand I hate the uneven, blotchy look it gives. So right now I'm leaning to just plain, black opaque. I wanted bronze shoes but I can't seem to find any! Would you be able to suggest a pair?

The wedding will be indoors. It is a chinese wedding. It will first take place at a church, and then at a chinese restaurant for the traditional banquet.