What to wear with these shoes?!??!

Dec 24, 2012
Hi ladies,
I bought these shoes online. They are red velvet. When they arrived the color was much lighter than I expected. It is a BEAUTIFUL bright ruby red. I have never worn color this bright before. I don't want to return them, but I am not sure how to wear them in a classy way. I tried to attache a pic that shows the color as close as possible. The color of the edges near the toes is the closest. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 438
Those are pretty! I'd wear them with a little black dress and let the shoes make the statement. And because the shoes are velvet, they're good with cocktail or evening wear, but not daywear.

I love your shoes! :biggrin:

I wouldn't remove the teddy either, it's such a lovely detail and not "too much." You could go the LBD route of course. But, I like the idea of wearing a dressier shoe with a more everyday sort of outfit. You could do cigarette or skinny ankle length pants- black would work, but so would the right shade of gray, a denim, etc.
I love to play around when I get a new pair of shoes. I've recently gotten into higher end shoes and for the money I pay, I make sure that I'm wearing them as often as possible! I get my money's worth! :lol:

I would say put together a few dark bottoms, whether pants or skirts and try the shoes with them until something clicks! Obviously I'd keep the outfit simple and let the shoes shine.

I'd do a midnight blue dress with a beautiful fabric - silk or wool (not velvet though - you don't want velvet overload) - I love midnight blue with ruby red, and I think you need a great fabric to set off the velvet on the shoes.