what to wear with cognac leather jacket?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I found a cognac leather jacket on overstock for $199 and bought it for spring. Not sure if pple wear leather jackets in spring or if cognac is in or out. I've always loved that color esp for bags. I just don't know how to wear it, what to wear with it. I have these teal flats that I've never worn and figured I can wear it this year. I was thinking maybe light color jeans or light color denim shorts and a white tank or tee? Any recommendations? Also, do you like the jacket? They have it on bluefly at a different price but not the same color. So I figured if it's on bluefly than it's good enough to get off of overstock right?

Thanks for your help.

cdn2.overstock.com/images/products/L12517805.jpg
    jildorshoes.com/images/products/PourLaVictoireEllaSteelBlue_Front_300.jpg

2. i see you are on a leather jacket binge...me too. you can wear the cognac color over white or dark rinse cropped jeans with a colorful scarf around the neck and a tank top or v-neck tee. you can definitely wear the turquoise flats with an all white base and the cognac top. or you can wear any leather jacket over a feminine dress, like a summer dress, or a more formal work outfit. it's so versatile.

as for the mushroom color, i think it's a great looking jacket so it's fine if you get it in both colors, if you wear the black one a lot. the mushroom would be more wearable in the spring/summer as it is a lighter color and you can alternate it with the cognac one. there's only 1 left too!!

3. Thanks for the tips. I haven't really been buying clothes for almost 2 yrs now b/c I was pregnant and now that my DD is one I still have some more weight to lose and it's so hard to shop. So now I have no fashion sense :smile:. Most of my coats and jackets are small and uncomfortable to wear....and for some reason I can't stop browsing leather jackets online. I don't know what it is. I didn't see that there was only 1 left on bluefly, but it's not my size anyways. Overstock has them and it's only $189. I am going to wait till my cognac arrives and decide if I really have to have the mushroom color or not. Thanks again!