What to wear with a red pencil skirt so it doesn't make me look like a stewardess?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all!

I have a pencil skirt in red (I think very close to a tomato red) that I absolutely love, but have never been able to wear because I feel like whatever I match it with, makes me look like a stewardess... i've attached a pic of it.. any one have any ideas? Or is it just the fact that it's that color, shape, and length (just above the knee) that will make whatever I match it with very stewardess-like, and I should just embrace that look? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. nude or metallic pump! black bootie!
    if you are comfortable with edgy, peep toe bootie!
    good luck!

3. #3 Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    What about color blocking? Yellow or orange, silver would be nice too. As long as you aren't tucking in a fitted button up I don't think you'll look like a flight attendant, lol!
    A fitted tee or a tank w/ a cardi on top would be cute too.

4. here are a few options:
    paired with a polka dot, chambray or animal print shirt

or a simple shell with a peplum jacket (I saw this one on Phi that I think is gorgeous):
    http://www.phiphisblog.com/2012/08/sunshine.html

5. Loving all your suggestions! I think I'll be trying it with the black bootie (I have a pair in mind with studs on the back hehe), silver top (when I find the perfect shade of silver), and polka dots or animal print. Thanks everyone!

6. I've one like this too! I soften the look with a grey fitted tee and necklaces, and basically avoid neck scarves or boxy jackets :P I think the bootie idea is a great one. I wear either patent pumps with mine or wedges.

7. I wear my red pencil skirt with a black batwing top and leopard print platform pumps. This outfit makes me feel like Dorothy Dandridge in Carmen Jones. :smile:

8. Cute concept!

9. You can dress it down with striped sweaters.

I got this Maje dress and paired it with a Joie striped sweater.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. I wear my red pencil skirt with a soft metallic gold dolman sleeve sweater.

11. That sounds like a great idea!

Can't wait to try everyone's ideas!

12. I wear my red pencil skirt with a silk top (not a button up blouse). Normally I'll wear black, but sometimes I wear a purple top with it too and the colours go together very nicely. Normally I wear it with black pointy toed patent flats.

13. Winter white off the shoulder Angora sweater...makes guys wanna touch u.

14. I wore my red pencil skirt with an Equipment button up white top with black star print tucked in, with a black belt and some black pumps.

15. lol