What to wear under or over this top?

1. I am so bad at dressing myself! I have this top http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=906037022

What color should I wear underneath? Would it be ok to wear with a cardigan and what color?

Thank you. I am really clueless and just purged my closet and am starting fresh. Just not sure how to create outfits very well!

2. i'd wear a white/cream cami underneath
    may be a jacket/blazer over...cardi is okay but a jacket is more crisp to finish off the look.

3. Definitely a beige or off white/ white cami underneath... I think a crisp tailored blazer would look great over it!

4. Couldn't agree more

5. I have a similar top and I love it.
    Here is some of the outfit that I mix and match, hopefully give you some idea:
    - white cami under with BCBG power skirt, stacking bracelets
    - white bra under with skinny jeans, top it off with my black/white tuxedo inspired blazer. I think if you want to layer something over it, you should use a blazer (or a jacket with no texture) instead of a cardigan, because the top already has a lot of texture, you need to be very careful when mixing textures.
    - color cami with color blazer in the same color family when I feel colorful.