What to wear under a blazer??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been trying to dress up skinny jeans with a blazer, but can't find the right top to go underneath it.

I can't decide between something colorful, like this McQ top or something plainer with a really bold print. I really like this Don't Tell My Tailor tank, but I'm not sure if it too long to go under a blazer.........maybe tucked in?? :confused1:

More pictures to follow tomorrow when I can go through my closet- :welcome:

Attached Files:

• McQ.jpg
      McQ.jpg
      File size:
      111.8 KB
      Views:
    • DTMT.jpg
      DTMT.jpg
      File size:
      169.4 KB
      Views:
  2. I think long under a blazer with skinnies looks great. I tend to wear helmut lang or kain thin tees underneath my bf or reg blazers.

3. ^ agreed! or james p plain tanks

4. I also prefer blank/plein T-s under a blazer

5. Looks that I like with blazers and skinnies

[​IMG]

To dress it up add a pin, or a long pedant or even better a foulard.

6. I like plain T's and singlets when it comes to wearing a blazer and skinny jeans. For me, I find that if I wear something with a bold print it takes the attention away from my blazer!

7. either something plain, or with a simple print. but it should be longer

8. tees or plain tanks

9. Ok I tried tanks.....I don't really have any tees that work. I have huge t-shirts I use to sleep in.

I think I am a little too ample up top to wear a tank under a blazer. I did find a tank with a comic print on it that I sleep in that works, but I think I would need to wear casual boots to make it work.

Attached Files:

10. I did find this black tank with a graphic print on it, but I think it looks a little too busy. (I apologize for the mess in the background, I am tearing up my closet trying to find an outfit for Saturday)

Attached Files:

11. I love love love this outfit Lindsey Lohan wore the last time she went to court- I would love to try some variation on this, but I don't have a flowy skirt and my tuxedo jacket has satin trim (anyone remember when half of Bebe's collections were satin? I bought some pieces during that time unfortunately)

Attached Files:

12. I tend to wear long, plain tees with my blazer. I also wear light sweaters/long sleeved tees, but still without a print.

13. I got the idea to try and make an outfit with a skirt, since everyone suggests a long tee/tank with jeans and I don't have any :shucks:

I showed someone and they told me I looked like a female Karl Lagerfeld...

Attached Files:

14. :: sigh ::

I really like the shoes, tights, skirt and blazer- I've never worn those together and I like ti but I think he's right.....I look too much like KL

Any ideas for what kind of top can go with this?

This is why I need help! I can never get the top right, the rest of the outfit is always right, but I mess up with the top everytime

15. ^ Can that top be worn untucked??