What to wear to May wedding?

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I think you are on the right track. I could see wearing a longish resort style dress with a pretty sandal. Some beach weddings really are on the beach, so I would like to be able to take off my shoes if necessary. You can take a little cardie or a shawl if it gets cool in the evening.

Reactions: papertiger

sparksfly

Feb 3, 2012
I think you are on the right track. I could see wearing a longish resort style dress with a pretty sandal. Some beach weddings really are on the beach, so I would like to be able to take off my shoes if necessary. You can take a little cardie or a shawl if it gets cool in the evening.
It's indoors and not on the beach. But that sounds perfect!

QuelleFromage

Jan 15, 2011
How formal is it? This Self-Portrait dress is my go-to beach wedding dress. I wear heels with it for indoors and flat sandals if sand/grass is involved. Basically I always recommend a light resort dress, not too short, not too sexy, and of course not white (even this dress gives me a little pause, but IRL does not read as white). A little wrap or capelet will help as indoors in a beach town will probably be over-airconditioned.

nivienne.jpg

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
How formal is it? This Self-Portrait dress is my go-to beach wedding dress. I wear heels with it for indoors and flat sandals if sand/grass is involved. Basically I always recommend a light resort dress, not too short, not too sexy, and of course not white (even this dress gives me a little pause, but IRL does not read as white). A little wrap or capelet will help as indoors in a beach town will probably be over-airconditioned.

View attachment 3608656
Love this one!

sparksfly

Feb 3, 2012

View attachment 3608656
I'm not totally sure how formal. I think black tie optional. I figured that red lace dress with statement jewelry and wedges. But as I think about it more the red dress might be too long. The models 5'8" without heels and she has them on in the photo.

barbie_86

Jul 15, 2015
If it's black tie optional then I think the ones you've posted may be too casual (they both appear to be cotton/cotton mix and for me that puts them more in the day/casual category). Love the Self Portrait one, and that would be appropriate for a black-tie optional wedding.

Also agree with PP that I prefer to be slightly overdressed than underdressed.