what to wear to bars?

i only go to nice clubs and of course wear fancy dresses or pants with tops (no jeans)
but i do have a table and even if i would get a stain etc that is what dry cleaners are for.

what is the point of having nice club outfits and then not wearing them and in the end even if a dress get totally ruined well at least you wore it and it did not collect dust in the closet as that would be the bigger waste.

edited to say: in the end mishaps could happen anywhere at a wedding a dinner a ball even daytime when someone runs into you with a cup of coffe . but would i stop wearing a gown with train to aball just because someone might step on it etc .hell no!
with that logic and fear of things that might happen one could never leave the house

I agree with this.

Although I think maybe some of the other posters go to more casual places? I rarely do, but sometimes I do (for an event or party). At those places I usually still wear what I normally do. It's an excuse to get dressed!

i completely agree! forever 21 or wet seal, places like that are perfect to go to the club! i would never wear an expensive dress just because people can be reckless! sorry to hear about your dress!

Oh no sorry that happened to you!!! i would only wear really nice clothes/dresses at nice lounges because people are less drunk.. or maybe it just seems that way? depends on the crowd too..

I refuse to go to clubs with people that can't manage to handle their drinks. Want a horror story? I once went to a club and some idiot dropped his glass. A huge piece of glass bounced off the floor and gashed my foot. Since I had been drinking heavily, my blood was thin and was gushing... I realized what happen when I felt "squishy" and looked down and my black sequined Mui Mui sandal was covered in blood.

If you want to go clubbing in an $1100 dress, you might want to choose a club that's out of most 18-21 year olds price point. After that, people tend to be able to drink (heavily) without getting sloppy.

I depends on the club but most of the time I mix & match. Most of my expensive shoes were bought to wear to a club but I'll wear them with an american apparel or forever 21 dress. I think my only real motivation to dress up is because my friends love to take pictures and post them on facebook. It's usually too dark to see what I'm wearing in the club but the camera flash doesn't miss a stitch.