What to wear to a wedding?

Hello sparksfly, it would be helpful to know where the reception will be held and at what time. Is there anything on the invitation to suggest how formal it is? How close are you to the bride/groom? Could you ask them what kind of event they have in mind?

Hello sparksfly, it would be helpful to know where the reception will be held and at what time. Is there anything on the invitation to suggest how formal it is? How close are you to the bride/groom? Could you ask them what kind of event they have in mind?

It's held inside, in the city. It's pretty formal but not over the top formal.

It's held inside, in the city. It's pretty formal but not over the top formal.

Thanks for specifying;). What comes to mind first is a classic taylored shift dress in a light colour. My fall back option is a creme Max Mara with a small black belt and bow in the front. Black or nude heels and I'm done. A Cocktail dress might also be good, not to shiny, a pastel maybe and of course you won't want to wear black or white ;) Depending on your age I'd go either with a flowy, light material (for younger women) and more structured and covered if you are not in your, let's say, twenties;). Do you have anything in mind already or is this a general question?

Thanks for specifying;). What comes to mind first is a classic taylored shift dress in a light colour. My fall back option is a creme Max Mara with a small black belt and bow in the front. Black or nude heels and I'm done. A Cocktail dress might also be good, not to shiny, a pastel maybe and of course you won't want to wear black or white ;) Depending on your age I'd go either with a flowy, light material (for younger women) and more structured and covered if you are not in your, let's say, twenties;). Do you have anything in mind already or is this a general question?

Just a general question. I was hoping for actual suggestions.

I don't know what your budget is, but I also have a wedding in a few weeks and just picked up a DVF dress (the lace "zarita" dress). I got the red, but the navy is gorgeous as well. Comes in more colors, but those were my favorite!

Do you have budget in mind?
Or even, do you have a particular pair of shoes you already own and want to wear to this wedding? We might find a dress that goes together with the shoes!

It seems as though you're not really sure what you want; I would suggest heading to a Nordstrom Rack-do you have one near you? They have a ton of dresses on clearance now, and that way you can also find some shoes at the same time. There return policy is excellent so you could also take home a few and see what you think. This would allow to try on many styles and find something perfect.

It seems as though you're not really sure what you want; I would suggest heading to a Nordstrom Rack-do you have one near you? They have a ton of dresses on clearance now, and that way you can also find some shoes at the same time. There return policy is excellent so you could also take home a few and see what you think. This would allow to try on many styles and find something perfect.

Yeah I've looked there and they had nothing. Also Marshall's and tjmaxx.