What to wear to a spring wedding

ilovechloe

Wanna play?
Jan 13, 2006
My husband ex-wife’s youngest daughter is getting married and we’re invited. It is in the Bay area in May. (Yes, it’s early and I am obsessing) The ex and her hubby are very wealthy, heck their everyday car is a Bentley and she shops at LV like most people shop at Safeway!!! Any way I live in jeans and sweats and there is not one thing in my closet that comes close to being suitable.
But I don’t want to spend a lot of money on something that I’ll never wear again. By the way it’s an afternoon wedding so not too fancy. But people like the mayor of San Francisco will be there. I was thinking about this

Diane von Furstenberg,
View attachment 2085
Too Von Furstenberg?

Laundry by Shelli Segal,
To monochromatic?
View attachment 2086

Nicole Miller, Too Brown?
View attachment 2087

View attachment 2088
Rebecca Taylor To casual?
Help!!!:unsure:

I love the simplicity of the Nicole Miller dress. The color may not be the best for spring, but the dress is very sophisiticated in brown. The Diane von Furstenberg would be my second choice.

I really, really like the Furstenberg dress, it just looks very spring-timey. I think the Laundry set would be my second choice, the Nicole Miller is too brown, it just seems kind of drab for a new season !

I think if its a night wedding, the Nicole miller would be really pretty. You might just want to play up the dress with a pair of crystal manolos and some bolder jewelery. I definately think that you could re-wear the dress. Accessories make a big difference in the look you are looking for!

I think that since its an afternoon wedding by the Bay area you should go with the first one. Its simple and you can get a nice hat to go with it... Similar to the Jessica Simpson style when she went to some event (Horse race???) On the Newlyweds. I think that the stlye would be cool since there will be a lot of socialites there.

The Nicole dress is beautiful too. Another color would make it even better. If you decide on this one than your accesories should be bright.

Where is the wedding at? Is it indoor or outdoor? I live in the Bay Area and it can get really cold and windy. So, whichever one you choose, don't forget to bring something to warm you up.

BTW, the last one is too casual. They tend to dress up more in SF.

i like the nicole miller or something similar, but in a spring color. i'd say wait if you can to get something, really gorgeous sun dresses have been in a lot of the spring previews in magazines. i just bought a beautiful navy-and-white silk one for the ridiculously reasonable price of $78 at J. Crew.

I like the first two. DVF then the Laundry set. I don't think it's too monochromatic at all! Just wear some fun bright accessories. If you're going w/ the DVF, then definitely wear a hat and some nice pumps. That will pull the whole look together quite nicely.