What to wear? Please help me solve a wardrobe dilemma!

Eva1991

O.G.
Oct 12, 2011
Hi ladies (and gents)!!!

I'll be going out tonight with my parents. Since my dad loves burgers, we'll go at a local bistro that serves the best burgers in the neighborhood.

I've been there before but I always have a problem with what to wear. Since it's a bistro, it's pretty casual but not super casual. So I cannot wear neither 120mm heels & a mini dress nor something sproty etc.

I finally came down to two outfits.

Outfit #1: a pair of dark blue skinny jeans (ankle length) with a cute turquoise tank top, a pair of blue&beige cut-out wedges and a black clutch.

Outfit #2: a maxi black & white dress (picture one of those casual maxi summery dresses), a pair of white wedges and a white ostrich clutch (as you can see I love wedges and clutches).

Outfit #1 is a bit more casual and outfit #2 not so much. What do you think?

Without pics, it's tough to give advice.
Since it's just burgers with your parents, it sounds like you've got it under control (either outfit would probably work). Have fun:smile:

I would go for outfit 1. You can't go wrong with skinny jeans and heels. Good mix of casual and dressy IMO. If the jeans are dark denim they will look dressy anyway. The maxi dress sounds a bit too much for burgers to me.

I would go for outfit 1. You can't go wrong with skinny jeans and heels. Good mix of casual and dressy IMO. If the jeans are dark denim they will look dressy anyway. The maxi dress sounds a bit too much for burgers to me.

I agree, skinny jeans and heels! Personally I don't find maxi dresses appropriate at night, I think they are better suited for casual day wear.....enjoy your burgers!

First outfit.
Hi ladies (and gents)!!!

I'll be going out tonight with my parents. Since my dad loves burgers, we'll go at a local bistro that serves the best burgers in the neighborhood.

I've been there before but I always have a problem with what to wear. Since it's a bistro, it's pretty casual but not super casual. So I cannot wear neither 120mm heels & a mini dress nor something sproty etc.

I finally came down to two outfits.

Outfit #1: a pair of dark blue skinny jeans (ankle length) with a cute turquoise tank top, a pair of blue&beige cut-out wedges and a black clutch.

Outfit #2: a maxi black & white dress (picture one of those casual maxi summery dresses), a pair of white wedges and a white ostrich clutch (as you can see I love wedges and clutches).

Outfit #1 is a bit more casual and outfit #2 not so much. What do you think?