What to wear in Vegas???

iheartpandora

Jun 18, 2009
Need to come up with some outfits for a 4 day trip to Vegas next week. Will do a couple of dress up nights - sort of dressy, but sort of casual too. I have a few dresses for that. But during the day (when we are shopping like crazy) - what should I wear??

Thanks all!

comfortable shoes!!!!

the distances are HUGE .. it is deceptive since the properties are so huge.. but you can easily walk a mile from one property to the next

I just got back from Vegas. Days were tshirts and jeans. Comfortable shoes a must!! Lots of walking. I also wore leggings with boots.

Nights - dresses, light jacket or sweater.

I agree with the comments you should wear something comfortable when your doing your shopping since that there are so many stores their reserve you dress during evening endeavors,..

During the day... whenever i go to vegas... i wear jeans and a cute top...and cumfy shoes.
Nite time is different... Dress or shorts with fancy top and heels...

comfortable shoes!!!!

the distances are HUGE .. it is deceptive since the properties are so huge.. but you can easily walk a mile from one property to the next

Yes, ITA!!! The malls are also huge and you will be doing a LOT of shopping. I would also dress in light layers. I brought really nice thick wool coats with me which were great for keeping me warm, but a hassle when I had to carry it (along with shopping bags, purse, etc) while indoors.

When I first went to Vegas I was under the impression that everyone there dressed in designer clothes and heels...so I packed very trendy things and lots of cool knee high boots and cute purses, etc. Then I got to Vegas and realized there was a whoooooole range of people! I saw all sorts of outfits/people: from Armani suits and Chanel blazers to high street fashion to the typical jeans/sweatshirt/sneakers and Juicy sweatsuits. Whatever you wear, you will fit right in.

My friends just came back from there and they said it was chilly. I was there last month and packed mostly warm weather clothes because I though it'd be hot but I was really cold at night while walking the strip so definitely bring more than a just a light sweater!

Soooo jealous that you're going to Vegas...:greengrin:

I went to Vegas in the fall last year & it was windy! With the construction going on around the City Center it seemed like dirt & debris were flying around everywhere.

Comfortable shoes! When I went last time I wore mostly jeans and a cute casual top during the day, and just wore dressier jeans and a slightly dressier top at night, but nothing ever more dressy than that.

Ditto on comfy shoes... the first time I went I didn't... and that was a BAD idea... I've also started buying semi-custom inserts for my shoes...
And clothing, whatever you want. It is VEGAS. I wore skirts, jeans, anything I felt like... That's my fav part about Vegas!
Oh, and for the heck of it get a wig or two while you're there!!! I wore them the whole time I was there and never had to worry about having a bad hair day or wind messing up my hair! (AND you don’t have to worry about packing hair care products).