Workplace What to wear for a receptionist job interview?

LoveMyMarc

♥'s MJ, RM, & LV
Jul 6, 2008
I know which pants and shoes I am wearing, however, I am stuck as to what to wear on top! The blazer I have doesn't fit very well anymore and I didn't really want to wear one (unless you all insist) as it is extremely hot here in Florida. I was wondering if a dressy cardigan and button up shirt would look ok? The receptionist position would be at a car dealership.

I appreciate anyone's input. :smile:

I think it's OK. Dress smart but weather appropriate. A car dealership would want someone put together, but not intimidating. Warm, not business aloof.

I think a collared shirt with or without a necklace would be very appropriate . As long as everything you wear is neat and fits you will look professional . Typically a receptionist is the first person to great a customer, so neat and simple would be my advice.
Good luck, hope you get the job if you want it!

I would wear black dressy pants with a dark color button blouse with black shoes and your hair up in a pony tail it looks very professional also try not to wear a lot of rings or necklaces or large earings. Dont wear heavy makeup either