What to wear / do in London end-Aug

elizabethtwrs

Nov 27, 2013
Hi ladies! I'm leaving tonight for a 3 week vacation to London, Lake Como and Budapest. I'd assumed sunny summer weather throughout and packed lots of shorts and light tops. To my horror I just realised that the weather forecast in London is rainy, and the temp is 12-22deg! Do I need to bring a warmer jacket and start swopping out for some warmer clothes? Would I be fine in sandals, or do I need boots??

Also, any suggestion of things to do in London would be lovely. I've been to London several times, but not really been to the touristy things, and would actually like to do some of that (e.g go on the London eye, etc). Thanks very much! :smile:

Hi ladies! I'm leaving tonight for a 3 week vacation to London, Lake Como and Budapest. I'd assumed sunny summer weather throughout and packed lots of shorts and light tops. To my horror I just realised that the weather forecast in London is rainy, and the temp is 12-22deg! Do I need to bring a warmer jacket and start swopping out for some warmer clothes? Would I be fine in sandals, or do I need boots??

Also, any suggestion of things to do in London would be lovely. I've been to London several times, but not really been to the touristy things, and would actually like to do some of that (e.g go on the London eye, etc). Thanks very much! :smile:

Check in with Lady Sarah and her blog too....

Definitely a waterproof - it's raining cats and dogs in the UK today!! It's 15 degrees here but windy too so it feels colder than it has recently. I would recommend layering up and some closed toe boots/ shoes just to wear when it rains. Enjoy your holiday!

It's been a really lovely Summer and the storm we are experiencing now is 'leftover' from Hurricane Bertha.

However, London and the rest of the UK is very changeable at anytime of the year.

In the Summer in London the tubes are very hot (whatever the weather outside) and the hotter the weather the more freezing cold the (overground) trains are because the air con over compensates, without a cardi/jumper passengers are prone to getting ill (this also goes for indoor shopping mall).

I always carry:

Sunglasses
Folding umbrella
A cardigan
A silk scarf