What to wear? Any suggestions...

jag

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I am looking for a dress/outfit to wear to a wedding this May at the hotel Bel Aire. It isn't going to be the usual crowd because it is the marriage of two amazing men. I can't wait to go- but I have never been to LA (can't wait to go) and I have no idea what to wear. I have looked around here and haven't found anything fantastic to wear. Any suggestions as to where to shop (online most likely) to find a great dress, or what to wear???

BTW- I have tried shopbop, NM, Saks and bergdorfs. Nothing fantastic yet. Seriously, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea what the Hotel Bel Aire is like= Oh, I forgot to mention, the wedding is on a sunday afternoon (luncheon).

^^^ I love that color! Now if I could only find something a bit more casual but in that color I think I would be set. Just not too much out there yet :sad:

if you like vintage try poshgirlvintage.com, and if you are on a budget try asos.com i think they are both british sites but i think they ship most places. net-a-poter is always a classic if you have alittle more burning in your pocket. i hope it helps

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions! I cannot believe that I did not even think of e-lux- I always associate that website with handbags! LOL! As for BCBG- I found a great dress on NM last call and it was only $91, of course when I went to buy it- it was gone :cry: So my search continues...

Even though the Hotel Bel Air is pretty posh, no one in LA dresses really "fussy". Stay away from fitted suits or the like. I'd go with a nice floral dress, dressy sandals. And a to-die-for bag, of course!

pseub said:
Even though the Hotel Bel Air is pretty posh, no one in LA dresses really "fussy". Stay away from fitted suits or the like. I'd go with a nice floral dress, dressy sandals. And a to-die-for bag, of course!

Thank you so much pseub! I honestly had no idea what to expect- I think I am going to go with a floral dress (once I find one) and of course, the bag will be fabulous!

Thanks again ladies for all this helpful info!!! I really appreciate it!:biggrin: