What to think?

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Sold a $100.00 new with tags duvet cover on Ebay. 2 weeks later buyer claims there is a rip in it. I checked out every inch and there was no rip. I told her to send it back for a full refund. She emails me she wants a $50.00 refund. I again tell her to send it back for a full refund. I know there is no damage. At this point it is over three weeks and she did not send it back but her email seems to say she wants a refund before she posts feedback. Is there a time frame buyers need to send items back for a refund? I know I will get another nasty email wanting a refund. I do not fall into the partial refund scam that so many buyers seem to do now. I would be happy to get my item back and resell it or use it in the guest room.

Agree here as well.

This buyer sounds like she is testing the refund waters as well as the feedback waters.

Totally unacceptable & would consider reporting her.

Be prepared as this buyer sounds like if she doesn't get her way she will use the
feedback as "punishment"...

I have told her three times to send the item back for a full refund. One email said she liked the item but wanted a discount. I really feel she wants to keep it and thinks I will just be OK with giving her money for a rip she claims was there that I did not find when I mailed it out to her. I look over every inch of anything I sell and in 15 years have never had a problem or even one buyer complaint.

I think she wants to keep it and not send it back. I just feel she is looking for money.
Send her the following message through ebay and if you have her direct email, cc a copy there too. (Depending on whether you take returns or not, you might have to alter the wording a bit.)

My guess is that there's no hole and she just wants a reduced price since a partial won't "fix" a hole!

"Dear buyer,

I'm sending this message both through ebay as well as directly to your email because I want it on record how this transaction has transpired.

On ____(date)____ I shipped a brand new and unused item and it was delivered to you on ____(date)____. For 3 weeks, I didn't hear from you regarding any "issues" until ____(date)____ when you told me there was a hole. Although I don't have a return policy and in 3 weeks, the duvet could have been used and gotten a hole during that time, I still agreed to a refund on return and on ____(date)____, and ____(date)____, and ____(date)____, I repeated my promise.

To date, you haven't returned the duvet cover but have repeatedly requested a partial refund. I shall now assume that you plan to keep the item since it hasn't been returned after x-number of requests that you do so. I hope you enjoy the duvet cover."