What to pair with my solitaire

Hi All!
I recently got my upgraded engagement ring and LOVE it. The problem is what type of wedding band to pair it with. I was thinking just a simple platinum band, but maybe a little bling could be good? I don't want to detract from the main stone. Any ideas or photos to share?

I think both. A beautiful eternity band from Etsy (18k white gold or plat) isn’t expensive if you shop around and read reviews. It’s always good to have options depending on your mood. For me, my wedding band is plain plat to match my husband’s. But I have a few eternity rings that I purchased myself or received as birthday and anniversary gifts.

So final answer: get both! LOL

Hi All!
I recently got my upgraded engagement ring and LOVE it. The problem is what type of wedding band to pair it with. I was thinking just a simple platinum band, but maybe a little bling could be good? I don't want to detract from the main stone. Any ideas or photos to share?

Beautiful ring!

With a lot of hindsight, I'd suggest having a couple of bands to wear or dual wedding bands. I wish I'd thought of that much much sooner....One blingy and one plain(er). It's nice to have a pretty blingy band (eternity) but not practical for daily wear because of lots of dirt getting caught between stones. So around the house, I just wear a very very plain band or spacer so I can do yard work, get my hands dirty, wash dishes, laundry...etc....and leave the bling for other days.

Here's one band I wear with my e-ring- a small channel set eternity, which is a nice classic look with this type of solitaire.

ygset.jpg

A couple of other looks. The black and gold band is Victorian and part of a matched pair we have, so I go lightly with that one because it is so old.

afternoonstack.jpg jan16staack.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful ring!

With a lot of hindsight, I'd suggest having a couple of bands to wear or dual wedding bands. I wish I'd thought of that much much sooner....One blingy and one plain(er). It's nice to have a pretty blingy band (eternity) but not practical for daily wear because of lots of dirt getting caught between stones. So around the house, I just wear a very very plain band or spacer so I can do yard work, get my hands dirty, wash dishes, laundry...etc....and leave the bling for other days.

Here's one band I wear with my e-ring- a small channel set eternity, which is a nice classic look with this type of solitaire.

View attachment 4325465

A couple of other looks. The black and gold band is Victorian and part of a matched pair we have, so I go lightly with that one because it is so old.

View attachment 4325463 View attachment 4325464
Love the options you have! What a great idea to switch it up!

Reactions: bunnycat
I think both. A beautiful eternity band from Etsy (18k white gold or plat) isn’t expensive if you shop around and read reviews. It’s always good to have options depending on your mood. For me, my wedding band is plain plat to match my husband’s. But I have a few eternity rings that I purchased myself or received as birthday and anniversary gifts.

So final answer: get both! LOL
Great idea to get both! I do love the idea of a blingy option, but also an everyday wear. Some trips, I will just want to wear a simple platinum band and others I might bling things up (or for nights out). Maybe I will get something blingy for an upcoming anniversary!

Reactions: Annabel Lee
Beautiful ring!

View attachment 4325465

View attachment 4325463 View attachment 4325464
And I LOVE your arm candy!

Reactions: bunnycat
Love the options you have! What a great idea to switch it up!

Thanks! I only wish I had gone this route a lot sooner! You say this is an upgrade? Are you already married and making a new set? One thing I wish I had done before MrBcat and I got married was really wear some bands around for daily wear to see what I liked for daily wear which turns out to be a very skinny plain band because I am very fickle about the decorative bands and those come and go in my stack so it would have made MUCH more sense if I had just had a very plain, skinny wedding band that I could just leave on at all times and get other fun stackers for enhancing my set. sadly, I didn't know that. My first set I just picked what I liked for each piece that I thought might go together, and ended up with something I didn't like and was too delicate for daily wear. Now I know I prefer YG, and if I am going to have a plain band on, it better be YG because at least that gives me some color to look at and plain white metals look terrible on me.

And I LOVE your arm candy!

Thank you! Love H leather bracelets. Sooooo comfortable.

My engagement ring is similar to yours, and until I set foot in the jewelry store, I thought I wanted a plain slim band to mirror the one on my ring. However, when I tried those on, I found them really underwhelming, and they got lost with the ring.

I tried a band with tiny pave diamonds on the top of the band, and at first I thought it was way too much bling. I took a while to pick a wedding band, and I finally chose the pave one. It was absolutely the right choice.

It adds another layer of sparkle, which I think accentuates the larger stone in my e-ring rather than detracting. And it's pretty enough that I like wearing it on its own as well, which was key for me.

I highly recommend going and trying on different styles and taking pictures. I think it makes that choice so much easier to figure out!