What to make of seller's response?

*Heather*

TIME OUT
Aug 9, 2009
Back and forth...
I contacted a seller about an item I want to purchase. It's only a $20.00 shirt, and I want
to send a MO because my bank only allows 6 wire transfers a month, and I have exceeded
that already.

This is her response....

Dear xxx,

Hi there, I would absolutely accept a money. Unfortunately, however, I no longer have this item. I got sick of looking
at it & exchanged it. I haven't updated the ad as rather than waste the $4 by canceling the ad, I figured I'll find another
item in my closet to sell in its place.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Christell

***********xxxx_xxxx

The shirt is still listed as a Buy It Now...isn't this weird? And, no, I won't link any credit cards
to this account, I have opened it up for small ebay purchases only, and keep no money in it.
I really don't trust Paypal, so don't suggest that idea. Thanks.

Coach10619

Obsessed
May 20, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Well, it sounds to me like instead of canceling the listing, they are going to take the pictures and description down of the shirt you were wanting to buy and replace the pictures and description with that of another item. It don't totally make sense to me because, I don't think they are going to be able to change the title of the listing, just the description and the pictures.

It is really weird. I guess the only thing you can do is to move on and try to find another shirt. The seller no longer has it but, she should definitely take her listing down or change it like she says she was planning on doing, which I don't completely understand how she plans to do this but, whatever.

mothbeast

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
I got an item relisted notice from ebay for something I would be completely uninterested in. At first I was concerned about my acct security but eventually I figured out that the seller had done a similar thing. They'd just edited the relisting to sell a totally different bag.

L4F4

BITE ME
Apr 4, 2009
I think her message is clear and there's nothing to make out of it. Instead of canceling the listing she's going to change the photo and description using another item. I've seen that done before.

MarneeB

~Love My Dogs~
O.G.
Mar 15, 2009
Missouri
Why does the seller state wasting $4.00? Why would a $20.00 shirt cost her $4.00 listing fee? Am I missing something?
Does it cost to cancel an ad?

oh reverie

♪ ♫ ♪
Jan 18, 2009
Why does the seller state wasting $4.00? Why would a $20.00 shirt cost her $4.00 listing fee? Am I missing something?
I agree, the listing fee should be only like .50 cents!! And no it doesn't cost anything to cancel...Maybe she's just exaggerating to play up her excuse?

SOLIDGOLD2

why yes, it was
Mar 7, 2007
The seller got tired of looking at the shirt so they returned it at the store but didn't take down the listing because that would have cost $4.00, instead the seller will change the photo and description for another item they will sell