what to insure package for?

SOLIDGOLD2

why yes, it was
Mar 7, 2007
I know a thread about this has been opened already but Im not finding when I do a search. Since it's been a long time since I have sold something I forgot what I insure it for the amount them item sold or what it's really worth??

TIA

I know a thread about this has been opened already but Im not finding when I do a search. Since it's been a long time since I have sold something I forgot what I insure it for the amount them item sold or what it's really worth??

TIA

many views on this. I insure for the price the buyer paid for it, no more, no less.

but if it gets lost or damaged the buyer gets the money they paid but im out of a bag and to replace it wouldn't even cover what they paid

If it gets lost or damaged, the buyer gets back what they paid you for the bag via PayPal but you get to file an insurance claim in the amount you sold the bag for.

In the end, you (as the seller) get made whole as in you will get back the money you sold and insured the item for - not the full retail replacement value of the item. That would never happen.

As far as I've been witness USPS will only pay out as much as the buyer has paid, not replacement value. However, as someone has stated, since you will be reimbursed what the buyer paid if the item does get lost or damaged you will still have your money so you should not be at a loss.

Linda

Only insure what the buyer paid for the item. I am going through a maze right now because my buyer shipped back to me and insure for the actual value, so of course that is what customs is charging me on.

It is a very long story and I have spent hours on the phone and in email trying to fix this.

Only insure what the buyer paid for the item. I am going through a maze right now because my buyer shipped back to me and insure for the actual value, so of course that is what customs is charging me on.

It is a very long story and I have spent hours on the phone and in email trying to fix this.
Same here, but seller has put the actual amount it seems, not the price paid......what a nightmare, hope ou get it sorted.

OP def the price paid, unless buyer is happy for you to do replacement value, and there is no customs:P

Same here, but seller has put the actual amount it seems, not the price paid......what a nightmare, hope ou get it sorted.

OP def the price paid, unless buyer is happy for you to do replacement value, and there is no customs:P

Thanks deekai and alfiebach. I just knocked back a winner who asked me to undervalue (after paying) the first, made a second chance offer and it happened again immediately (but this time they asked before paying at least)! I am just not doing it! It's too messy and against rules. I do have sympathy though for people in countries where the customs duties are brutal.