What to give.. plz

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. A friend of mine is having a batism for your new daughter. I have never been to one and I am so clueless what to give for a present. What do people give? Is cash the best way to go and how much is appropriate or is a gift better for this occasion. I don't want to spend $$$ since she's not my close friend. Your thoughts are appreciated;)

2. I think baby blankets are always welcome (what with the spitting up, etc etc). I would suggest a cute diaper bag but the cuter ones are a little more expensive and idk what your price range is. This bear from Coach is a little generic but very cute, appropriate (esp if you are not very close) and affordable and she'll love it more bc it's a Coach bear!

Safari quilt from babyGap, $88 http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=14365&pid=346986
    [​IMG]

and Coach bear, $58
    http://www.coach.com/aspx/content/product.aspx?product_no=7769&category_id=695&easyask_id=
    [​IMG]

anyone else? I've never been to a baptism either but I would hate the idea of receiving cash. I'd rather have the presence of my friend than anything else, and I'm sure she'll love whatever you choose. Have great time!

3. I still have a couple different things I received as gifts at my baptism. I have a cross necklace and also a really nice cross that can be hung on a wall and some religious pictures. Also a prayer book or a bible would be a good idea!! Here’s a site that might help you out! Hope this helps!!

http://www.mymamabear.com/baby-baptism-christening-gift.html

4. I agree with the ideas of gifts that will last a long time...ie beyond money

my thinking is you want something of siginificance to mark or record the day which i think you can do for a minimal amount of money
    as with jewelry or soemthing similar- keep in mind jewelry for a child is less elaborate and expensive in comparison to adult jewelry

5. Those Coach bears are the CUTEST THINGS EVER :love: I want one for myself now :lol:

And hummm.. I've never been to a baptism before, I really wouldn't know what to get.... sorry :shame: I'll ask my mom when she comes back later on today, maybe she'll know :P

6. hmm is she having a party? at my baptisms people usually give cash. If she is having a party at a hall or resturant people usually give more. If you are just giving her daughter a present,you can get her maybe a cute baby outfit or a gift card..that coach bear is a really cute!!! that would be a good gift.

7. My family usually gives money along with a gift... I understand that money can seem impersonal, but, at least in my family... the money is put in a savings account for the baby...

My mom's recent thing to give is Tooth Fairy boxes... they come in a variety of prices and designs, but they're sort of like this:

Amazon.com: Tooth Fairy Box: Baby
    or this is a Yurman one...but def on the pricier side:
    David Yurman - Frog Tooth Box

8. Well, they're having lunch at a restaurant after the christening. Thanks for everybodys tips and many links. I truely appreciate it:yes:

9. A music box or a gold cross is why my friend is giving her goddaughter.

10. btw, how old is the kid? i'm just asking coz i have seen some older kids (7 or older) who were being baptized yet in my country, u get baptized before ur 1st bday so just wanna make sure the child's age..

11. In my family, we always give cash. If you aren't very close to the family, $25 to $50 is fine. You might also want to consider a savings bond.

:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice