What to give host at end of stay?

krasavitza

O.G.
May 10, 2012
A coworker of mine asked me an interesting question, one I truly do not have the answer for, so im here to ask you all! Her lease was not renewed, and she was not able to find a new place that she loved, so her friend offered her to come and live at her parents place, to avoid paying for hotels/motels, until she found something. She's been living with them now for about 3 weeks. She has had very minimal interaction with them; shes on the top floor pretty much secluded. Never ate with them or anything, so they dont really know each other.

She's nearing the end of her stay, ready to move into her own place, and she feels she should part with a token of appreciation for their graciousness in offering her their home. What would be most appropriate? Money is not an object for her, so any price range really.

A coworker of mine asked me an interesting question, one I truly do not have the answer for, so im here to ask you all! Her lease was not renewed, and she was not able to find a new place that she loved, so her friend offered her to come and live at her parents place, to avoid paying for hotels/motels, until she found something. She's been living with them now for about 3 weeks. She has had very minimal interaction with them; shes on the top floor pretty much secluded. Never ate with them or anything, so they dont really know each other.

She's nearing the end of her stay, ready to move into her own place, and she feels she should part with a token of appreciation for their graciousness in offering her their home. What would be most appropriate? Money is not an object for her, so any price range really.

I would ask her friend what kinds of stuff her parents enjoy. Do her parents/mother enjoy wine, flowers, chocolate, etc... For instance my mother would be appalled at alcohol since they don't drink at all (I would however LOVE alcohol of any type!). But would love a picture frame or candle she should display. I am of the opinion when in doubt either gift candles or picture frames.

Any of the above are good suggestions. If her parents enjoy going out to eat, maybe gift them a certificate toward a very nice dinner at one of their favorite restaurants. That, plus a nice candle or plant, since money is no object...

Even tickets to the movies would be nice, if they go.