What to get!

oscarcat729

WAHOO!!!
Jun 24, 2008
Just got some Coach moolah from my relatives:yahoo:! I think it's about $100. *Plus* I have a gift card to the mall for about $100. And I'm sure I could scrape up some extra money lying around... my question is, what should I get? I'm in high school, so I don't want anything too mature, but I want it to be something that I can keep using year after year! And I'm short, so big bags don't look good on me (although I tried on the denim leather Carly, and I'm in love:heart:. But I think it's too expensive). I want a leather, fairly large bag, since the only Coach bags I have now are 2 fabric pouches and one brown vintage leather small one. I want a color that pops (not brown or black), but is versatile. Does such a bag exist? Help!! Oh yea, and I have the 25% off coupon, so I can use that too:supacool:.

I would suggest the Hamptons carryall or hobo in Berry. I have the carryall and I really love it. I think it would be perfect for you. Its not huge but big enough. I think it looks fresh and young but also classic. The only thing is it is excluded from the PCE event. But at $348.00 its pretty reasonable considering its all leather. The color is TDF. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 31
Just got some Coach moolah from my relatives:yahoo:! I think it's about $100. *Plus* I have a gift card to the mall for about $100. And I'm sure I could scrape up some extra money lying around... my question is, what should I get? I'm in high school, so I don't want anything too mature, but I want it to be something that I can keep using year after year! And I'm short, so big bags don't look good on me (although I tried on the denim leather Carly, and I'm in love:heart:. But I think it's too expensive). I want a leather, fairly large bag, since the only Coach bags I have now are 2 fabric pouches and one brown vintage leather small one. I want a color that pops (not brown or black), but is versatile. Does such a bag exist? Help!! Oh yea, and I have the 25% off coupon, so I can use that too:supacool:.

Have you looked at any of these:

12235_b4bo_a0_front.jpg

12356_bkhby_a0_front.jpg

12372_b4bl_a0_front.jpg

41561_b4pm_a0_front.jpg

I would suggest the medium Denim leather (dark blue) Carly.......you already love the carly style......its leather in a nice color that you can dress up or down......minus all the free cash/giftcard/coupon you have you only need another $98.50 (not including tax) ....... the shape is something that can carry on for years to come.....all in all......i think this would be a great choice

Also I know some people might think its not big enough but take a look at all the stuff you're going to put in ur purse......personally I think its a great size.....not a huge black hole and not to dainty either

I agree that you should get the medium leather carly in dark denim. I'm also a big bag person (even though I'm only 5' tall. Hehehe), and what I've realized is that the larger the bag, the more stuff I'm going to put into it. I've finally settled into my Madeline as a nice middle sized bag. It looks big enough on me, and I managed to make all my stuff fit. :yes:

I'm also on the younger side (I'm 18 and in my second year of college). While there are a LOT of bags that I like, whenever I go to the boutique with my BF and/or friends, it's always like, "it's nice. It's too old for you." Hahahaha. For example, I LOVE the rose leather ergo pleated hobo, but my BF keeps telling me it's too old for me. Once I tried it on, I realized he was right. :P

So yeah, I think the leather medium carly in dark denim works well. Like ^^ said, you love the carly already. Just fine another $100 and you're set. :smile:

12464_b4by_a0_front

the color of this bag in real life is GORGEOUS!!!! I cannot use small bags since I carry so much stuff w/ me and this is surprisingly very roomy. :tup:

and it comes out to $223 w/the PCE!!!

^^^ The only problem is money. My parents always forget to give me allowance, so I could probably get them to cough it up, but I just had my birthday where they gave me fairly expensive gifts, plus I'm redoing my room. To the piggybank it is! ;)

what a treat! all the possibilities are flowing. if you want your first big bag, i suggest that you get a neutral color because it's timeless, rather than the plum color i saw a few times above suggested by others. i know you'll be tempted to get that because it's the "in" thing right now but, it won't be later, so keep that in mind. also, patent is also a trendy thing right now as well, so you may want to consider that it doesn't have that lasting quality. patent does go in cycles of being in style and out of style...so, you may just want to keep that in mind. well, because you said you didn't want a brown or a black bag, how about a tan colored bag? or is that a little too boring still?
If anything, if you want a color that pops, would you consider a red colored one?

Honestly, looking through the coach website, i'm not sure if there is anything that would fit within your budget. I'm assuming you probably don't want to spend anything more than $100 out of your wallet b/c you also have the PCE card...so, the most you could probably spend on a bag (just assuming you don't want to spend more than $100) would be $250.
41561_b4bl_a0_front

how about this one? it's the bleecker patent one for $198. blue is an awesome color that pops and you just have to decide if you like the patent or not. plus, it's not too mature looking, however it still has some sophisticated appeal!

good luck deciding!

^^^ The only problem is money. My parents always forget to give me allowance, so I could probably get them to cough it up, but I just had my birthday where they gave me fairly expensive gifts, plus I'm redoing my room. To the piggybank it is! ;)

that's cool they are re-doing your room.

yep, money is always the problem when we want something;). i'm sure if it wasn't an issue, you'd own an entire coach store. lol.

maybe you could wait a little longer and try to save up some more money. or you could just tell your parents you're saving up for a more practical and larger coach bag that you find more useful using, and see if they could help you out later in a month or two.

otherwise, hope your piggybank is full! and remember to not leave it hungry.

that's cool they are re-doing your room.

yep, money is always the problem when we want something;). i'm sure if it wasn't an issue, you'd own an entire coach store. lol.

otherwise, hope your piggybank is full! and remember to not leave it hungry.

My cousin and I have actually talked about buying the Coach enterprise when we're older. A girl can dream, right:idea:?
So I just went to the Coach store to check some stuff out. The patent buckle purse is gorgeous, and just the right size! But patent leather, as stated, goes in and out of style... so idk.
And I tried on the denim leather Carly-- it seemed so much bigger than last time! And the SA said that that was the smallest size in leather in that color. It is no longer the bag of my dreams (too big, strap is too short), which makes me so sad:crybaby:! But I'm going to go to a different Coach store (hopefully with more helpful SA's) in a few days. Wish me luck!