what to get?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. :smile: Hey, I just joined today

I'm 15 years old so I really don't have like $500 to spend on a purse
    When I'm 16 & have a job I'll be able to buy more high quality purses :nuts:

I was thinking of buying a Dooney & Bourke purse.
    I don't like the signature ones anymore and the new ones they have out with the stars, scribbles and such don't catch my interest. I, however, like this one:

[​IMG]

I would buy coach that's under $200. Such as the Coach Signature Demi Pouch, but in my opinion it is just too small. I do not want to wear a fake, I just would not feel comfortable. :blink:

Any suggestions on what I should buy? Do you think that D&B purse I have up looks fake? Alot of people said that on a different forum.

I should add that this would be my "first designer purse"

2. I think the bag is age-appropriate. When you mentioned you were 15, I tried to recall what I was carrying then. By that time, I think I got my first Coach bag. It was a leather mahogany Janice bag. Amazingly, the bag is over 10 years old and still holding up well.

As far as the D&B bag looking fake, I think the multicolor pattern makes people thing about the LV multicolor line. Since LV was the first to do it and D&B copied it, a lot of people may have boos for D&B for not being original. My advice: buy what you like and can afford.

3. this is kinda cute at coach, for 168

[​IMG]

the only thing it is kinda only for the winter, don't think u can wear the in the summer...

or how about this for 178?

[​IMG][​IMG]

i'd rather go with coach than D&B...

4. i'd suggest coach over D&B as well, my first designer bag was a coach that i still love. to save money, you might want to check an outlet if there's one near you. search premiumoutlets.com.

5. I second the coach hobo 178

6. I would also go for coach. I was just in the outlet yesterday as a matter of fact and found the white hobo for 99. At the outlet they had a bunch of nice stuff so cheap. For instance, the wallet ususally run 180 and up but at the outlet they ran about 49 and up.

7. thanks everyone..
    baglady: thanks for clearing that up :smile: I really can't afford much.. and if your coach lasted for 10 years then I'd rather get coach if it's going to last that long.

fayden: thanks, I really do like the first one but as you said, it's mainly for winter..

amanda,serendipity and munchkyn: Thanks, I looked on the site but there isn't a coach outlet thats near me :sad:

8. Actually, I have that D & B bag in black & I like it alot. (I'm waaay past 15, btw, lol). Good advice, though, buy whatever you like...it'll be you who has to look at it every day :smile:

9. ZooMom: that's cool and you're right.. but I just don't want to regret buying it later. I would get the smaller coach ones but I just have wayy too much stuff :smile:

10. If you buy from the retail store or coach store thats ok too just save your receipt and tags...if you ever decide to cell on eBay thats a plus. Make sure you become friendly with the sa's at coach if you buy there they will send you friends and family coupons for 25% off.

11. Go for the Coach. I heard from a lady at the Bloomingdales counter that they are "phasing out" the D&B right now because they aren't that popular and aren't selling very well.

Hope it helps! Have fun!!

12. Welcome to the forum!!! Personally, I would get a Coach bag, but I agree with some of the others that you should get what you like, and the D&B is very age appropriate. At the same time, if you want your bag to last you a while, I wouldn't get that particular D&B pattern since it seems like a trend. I have to commend you for working-hard to buy your own handbag though. Let us know what you decide!

13. I like the Coach bags pictured too, never been much of a Dooney fan, however I do like that you can actually trade your Dooney bags in :lol:

14. Coach bags are lovely! And cute!!!

15. I would go with Coach (like everyone else has said). They are timeless bags that will last you a long time. And for $500 you can get something great.

Make sure you get a color that you can carry every season - and I would stay away from shearling, and fur. Also, keep in mind that light suede will be a ***** to keep clean.

If you can keep it in your budget - get a matching wallet or wristlet. It will add a lot of charm to your bag.

I like this bag:
    http://www.coach.com/aspx/content/product.aspx?product_no=7307&category_id=68

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice