What to get step-mom?

mangujowa

Patina, please!
Dec 7, 2008
I'm meeting my step mother for the second time when I fly down to visit my father for a day in a couple weeks. I'd like to bring them both a small gift, under $50pp (my dad gets mad when I give him something over that and says I should spend my money on smarter things... -__-). I really can't decide what to get either of them but it's much easier to shop for someone who likes everything (my dad) than someone who I know absolutely NOTHING about. Help, please? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

a gift set from bath & body works is always a good generic gift....
some bath salts? a gift card for a mani/pedi? (for a local salon)

I don't know what perfume she uses, other than the fact that it gave me a horrible headache. ><" I don't know what kind of scents she likes so I don't want to get something that she'll just hate.

I think perfume is a little to personal to give, especially since you've only seen her a couple times. I was thinking about a burt's bee's gift set. I know they sell them a lot of places, and my local marshall's/TJ Maxx has had them recently.

oo good idea on the burts bees. im still thinking a "spa set" with bath salts, just something to pamper herself would be nice...us ladies sometimes dont get enough of it!

Do you have something that is food related that is unique to where you live? We have jellies, honey and candies that are only made in this state that are always good gifts when we go somewhere.

I agree perfume is very personal. When I have received perfume or soap it unfortunately is usually a scent I can't wear.

Did you post in here because you want something beauty specific?
Want to help but want to make sure I'm thinking on the same page!

Did you post in here because you want something beauty specific?
Want to help but want to make sure I'm thinking on the same page!

I'd like to get her something beauty specific because that's one of my interests, I just can't figure out what, but since I'm having a rather brain-dead day I thought I might get some creative responses here! The spa sets sound pretty neat actually, wifeyb! Thanks!

does she ever travel? I bought my step mom some great travel organizers for make up/tools/toiletries, etc. . .
What about a bath pillow and some salts & oils?

Since she wears perfume, and you rather she wore something else ;) how about a perfume sampler from Sephora? It is $50 which is right on the money with your budget...

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produ...nkshare-_-datafeed-_-allpdts&_requestid=11805

Edited to add, the great thing is that it gives 10 samples AND a voucher for the $50 so that if she likes any of them she can use the voucher for the purchase of a full size of one of the perfumes at Sephora, so its like two gifts in one!

^^That's a good one! I like to give Vera Bradley stuff, and they have some cute travel pouches. I try to pick the colors based on the persons personality. I gave VB as teacher's gifts and they were a big hit.