What to get next...speedy or wallet?

jewels82

O.G.
Nov 17, 2009
I have a mono galliera and love it soooo much. She still doesn't have much color yet so I'm still paranoid when I use her. I've saved up enough to make another purchase and would like a matching wallet, but also love the speedy DE because I wouldn't have to worry about the leather.

The wallet I'm considering is the alexandra. I like small wallets but the elise seems like it wouldn't have enough compartments. Any other suggestions?

Also, do any other mommies out there carry the speedy? Does it get in the way when you're out with your little ones? I have twin girls and they're 4.

What should I get? Any advice, is greatly appreciated :smile:

I have a young daughter as well and did not think the speedy would be practical. I have the Speedy B 35 and Love Love it! Cross body when I have a little hand to hold. It has a ton of space, can fit all my everyday things plus snack and jacket for my daughter, book and water for myself. It was my first and still only LV bag. For Christmas I received the Zippy wallet. Not instead of a bag, but because I love this bag so much I carry her everyday and cannot imagine having one I would like better or use more.

I am a big speedy fan, so I will always push for speedy. And while I don't have kids (unless you count the furry ones), I know that it's super handy having the strap option of the speedy b. I keep the shortened strap attached at all times, just in case I have to toss it over my shoulder. It's super!

I also used to own the Alexandra but sold it pretty promptly. It is BEAUTIFUL and feels like the perfect size. The thing is, I didn't need so many card slots, and I found the bill compartment awkward to access. Test it out. Maybe I'm just nuts. I also like to keep stamps and photos and silly stuff in my wallet, and that didn't work with the Alexandra. I moved to Emilie and then Sarah. Sarah is long, yes, and not a thrilling style. But it is perfectly functional and therefore easy to adore ;)

I'd also check out the new Marie-Lou compact. Looks great from what I've seen in pictures.

I have a mono galliera and love it soooo much. She still doesn't have much color yet so I'm still paranoid when I use her. I've saved up enough to make another purchase and would like a matching wallet, but also love the speedy DE because I wouldn't have to worry about the leather.

The wallet I'm considering is the alexandra. I like small wallets but the elise seems like it wouldn't have enough compartments. Any other suggestions?

Also, do any other mommies out there carry the speedy? Does it get in the way when you're out with your little ones? I have twin girls and they're 4.

What should I get? Any advice, is greatly appreciated :smile:
I carry my Speedies all the time with my kids. I have a pre-teen boy, a tween boy, a big boy, a little boy, a toddler boy and a baby boy.

I say get the wallet. You will use it all the time and be happy you got it. Get a Speedy next. Every women needs at least one luxury wallet.

I have a young daughter as well and did not think the speedy would be practical. I have the Speedy B 35 and Love Love it! Cross body when I have a little hand to hold. It has a ton of space, can fit all my everyday things plus snack and jacket for my daughter, book and water for myself. It was my first and still only LV bag. For Christmas I received the Zippy wallet. Not instead of a bag, but because I love this bag so much I carry her everyday and cannot imagine having one I would like better or use more.
I love the speedy b but only have enough to get the other one. I would wait and save more but I'm going on vacation soon and thought it would be fun to pick one up while I'm out. Is there a strap you know of that can be attached to the regular speedy? Does it look ok? How long have you had yours? I saw some posts about the ebene print wearing easily, have you experienced that?

I am a big speedy fan, so I will always push for speedy. And while I don't have kids (unless you count the furry ones), I know that it's super handy having the strap option of the speedy b. I keep the shortened strap attached at all times, just in case I have to toss it over my shoulder. It's super!

I also used to own the Alexandra but sold it pretty promptly. It is BEAUTIFUL and feels like the perfect size. The thing is, I didn't need so many card slots, and I found the bill compartment awkward to access. Test it out. Maybe I'm just nuts. I also like to keep stamps and photos and silly stuff in my wallet, and that didn't work with the Alexandra. I moved to Emilie and then Sarah. Sarah is long, yes, and not a thrilling style. But it is perfectly functional and therefore easy to adore ;)

I'd also check out the new Marie-Lou compact. Looks great from what I've seen in pictures.
Yea I don't need that many credit card slots either. I noticed that it has a TON! Am wondering if it will bother me that not all of them will have a card. Is it lame to get a different kind? Like prada? It would be cooler to have a matching one but if I can't find the right one I probably shouldn't spend all that $ right?

I carry my Speedies all the time with my kids. I have a pre-teen boy, a tween boy, a big boy, a little boy, a toddler boy and a baby boy.

I say get the wallet. You will use it all the time and be happy you got it. Get a Speedy next. Every women needs at least one luxury wallet.
Thank you! Wow you have your hands full! I am leaning towards the speedy so its good to hear :smile: