What to get my boss as appreciation/goodbye present?

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
I'm at my first job out of grad school and I've loved it since the beginning mostly because I had an amazing, awesome boss. Really laid back, really funny and sarcastic, great leader, and we had the same working styles so we really clicked. He really looks out for me. Unfortunately, there's some office politics going around and essentially my boss was just let go. I literally mourned for over a week.

Tomorrow is his last day and I want to get him something to show how highly I think of him and how much I appreciate his mentoring over the past year. I just have no idea what. He's really blunt and direct, very sarcastic, loves to joke around, so nothing too cheesy.

Any thoughts guys? :sweatdrop:

^^ I have to agree. I would write a nice note telling him how he contributed to your growth as a professional and was a good manager. I probably would not buy a gift.

Sounds like an amazing boss, I cannot think of anything I personally would buy for my boss, I think I'd give him the finger if I was to leave :P

I agree, go with the card or a gift card to his favorite restaurant.

I've gotten bosses presents before... for one boss, who loved to read and write, I got her a giftcard to Borders and a pretty notepad set. My boss that retired got a gold necklace with her initial on a heart.

I think it all depends on what he's like. If you can't choose something tailored to his personality, the gift cards to Starbucks or a restaurant are a great idea.

^^ I have to agree. I would write a nice note telling him how he contributed to your growth as a professional and was a good manager. I probably would not buy a gift.

I agree with this too! Though if you really feel compelled to give him a gift, i'd slip a gift card (starbucks is a great suggestion) inside the note.