What to do !!

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
Ok so another birkel problem as many of you know I just adore ostrich and have been looking waiting on another 35 cm birkin in this elusive skin. Now the right color and HW have came up as an option in 30 cm at the boutique at the same Time a reseller because they always manage who knows how is offering the color combo in 35 cm I love both sizes but .......... Favor 35 but what to do ????????? Please help darling tpfrs I need you once again shall I go 30 cm at the store or 35 cm with a reseller ???

P.S the bag in question is orange with GHW !!!

^Same here. Get what your heart tells you to get. Personally, the ginormous markups with the resellers irritate me and I'm always afraid of fakes, so I'd go with the store.

I actually think you would get more use from a 30 in ostrich. You can wear with dressier outfits as well as casual. In particular, 30 in orange is a bit more elegant IMO.

for me personally i prefer buying at the boutique but presumably you will have to wait for the 30 to be made? or is it available straightaway?

but sounds like you prefer 35 so if you are 100% sure of authenticity then i would say go with reseller since you are buying the size you prefer and would use and it is immediately available.

I agree that the reseller markup can be the deciding factor, depending on what the markup is. I love the 35 in my everyday bags... the 30 is too small for me, but I'm 5'7" and carry the kitchen sink.
You have to go with your heart. If money is no option then you have to buy what you will be comfortable with. Do you use your 30's or 35's more? If it's a toss up and size doesn't matter (hehe... sorry, glad this isn't a men's forum) then I'd go with the store 30. If you had your heart set on the 35 then don't settle on the 30 just because it's from the store. We all use resellers (at least most of us do!)
Good luck hun. You're a smart woman who knows what she wants, you'll make the right decision!

35 in ostrich is almost impossible to get, but I think 30 looks nicer for this combo. So I would get it from the store. Congratulations anyway!

I'm a petite girl who likes to bring everything and anything in my bag, so size 35 works better for me but size 30 suits my frame better.
It depends on which occasion you think you will carry the bag to. I find size 30 is still doable to carry the necessities (even for travel) and IMO looks better for a bright colour such as Hermes Orange.
Please let us know your decision and Congratulations either way! :smile:

Birkel, if the price is not too crazy and you are SURE it is authentic I would recommend the 35 for the reason that you stated it is your personal preference to carry a 35. I, personally, however would go for the 30 from the store. I have my 35s but I think there is room in most people's wardrobe for a 30 if you do not carry your life in your bag. 30 still fits A LOT! Please let us know your choice. Either will be beautiful I am sure