What to do????

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi everyone, so i am stumped... I dont get paid till the end of the month but I am already looking for what bag to buy.

Ok all, so I have three choices,,, I can only get one this month but gradually I do hope to have all three, before the summer LOL .. So my choices are either:

Dior Gambler bag , which I really really want. Its RARE and there are not normally many on eBay ..Its a smart black bag which I can use for work, I already have the PTI organiser, and its also cheaper than my other choices.

Again if I get this bag do I get the medium or the large?? Has anyone seen these bags IRL is their much comparison between the sizes... Here is a link to the ebayer who I would purchase from .. She said that I can bid now and win and dont have to pau till the end of the month:

Large Gambler:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIOR-LARGE-BLACK-LEATHER-GAMBLER-HANDBAG-PURSE-NWT-BAG_W0QQitemZ6845212447QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or medium:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIOR-MED-BLACK-LEATHER-GAMBLER-HANDBAG-PURSE-NWT-BAG_W0QQitemZ6845330735QQcategoryZ63852QQcmdZViewItem

My other choices are do I get a
    whiskey chloe paddington which seem to be easier to get at the moment from Net-A-Porter, or do I get a cognac fendi spy... which is more expensive, and It may be better for me to save up a little while longer for...

Oh I am not sure what to do!! I need some help:shame:

2. Hi

I am in love with the Dior Gambler bag!!! You can call the outlet- I called last week- they have the medium Gambler bag in medium- I didn't ask about the small. The price of the medium is $690.00- they will ship for additional cost- but buy it from the outlet and save money if that's what you choose!!!

3. its such a tough choice i must say!! :amazed:

lets see.. after further invistigation (i browsed the pics of your three choices..) :amuse:

and i came with this order:
    1- either spy :love: or paddington!:love:
    2- dior medium

now justifying what i said..
    i really couldnt choose between the spy and paddington.. they are both beautiful.. the spy in cognac or honey.. is such a MUST! (and its worth searching!)
    about the whiskey paddington.. lovely and its color is such a classic..
    summing up: what ever u find first.. either paddington or spy.. go for it:nuts:

then think about the dior.. its cute.. but not really my type :shame: dice are nice.. but the chain.. i dont know :sad: but if u decide to take it.. then go for the bigger one.. the dice proportion with bag size looks more right on it.. ;)

4. i vote for paddington or medium dior gambler. i'm not a fan of the spy!

5. Dior Large Gambler!!!!!!!!!!! ( I have a Chole and I think they are over rated)

6. I vote for the whiskey paddington :love: The medium Dior bag is cute, but I'm not a fan of black bags.

7. I vote for the spy! it beautiful and i think you would get more wear out of it.

8. Same here!

9. I have a Dior Gambler, in the smaller size--not one of the ones you've shown. It's a cute bag and has a really classic look. I tink it's a bag I'll use in the years to come for going out or for when I need a black bag with a little extra something.

I'm not a super huge fan of either the Spy or the Paddy--but I do understand their appeal and they've been growing on me. The downside with the Paddy is that it's a heavy purse... I think the Spy might be a little more practical for regular use.

One thing to consider is do you want an "everyday" purse? If so, I think the Gambler might get a little old unless you wear more formal dress, i.e. suits or if you want black. If you want something more casual, I'd vote for the Spy.

10. I would have to say paddy, even though it's not structured, it just seems like something that a business lady could carry, and you could just wear it with jeans. While I like the Dior gamblers, I'm not sure about the dice.

11. I'm not sure about that Dior. I like the shape of the bag, but the straps are a bit iffy; chain + shiny patent? However, I'd choose it over the Spy for now. (Because the Spy looks like a baby-dinosaur in fetal position :weird:. I'm sorry Spy-lovers! :shame:smile:

12. Hi,

Can any one tell me which size Gambler bag this one is??? IS it the medium or the large.

TIA

20060113-madonna_gambler_dior.jpg
  13. Not sure, re: above. Re: buying a bag, I'd say get the Gambler. It's a bit different and it's something that you really like (obviously) as you've been looking at it for a while.

14. Yeah I keep going back to it -- I have the wallet and love it - I have sooo many fun bags and think a black classic bag will be good for me !!! But now I just want to find the best deal - When I rang the Uk dior boutique they said there were no more gambler bags !! had no idea you could get the medium in the US for $690 I thought they retailed over $1000 ...

15. The Gambler is no longer carried at regular Dior stores--at least in the US. There are a few US Dior stores that still have the Gambler and they're usually 50-60% off the original retail price. But I have no idea if they ship outside of the US...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice