What to do....

carrie3579

O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
So... I saw this Carly I absolutely thought I needed to have. The style is 12871 and the color of the trim is a two tone plum color with a gorgeous purple interior lining. It's a medium size.

Finally found it at Parisian but then the SA kept on giving me a bunch of incentives. She told me if I come back and buy the item on Sept. 10th (she said she would put it on layaway) and if I donate stuff to goodwill on that day ... I could get 20% off my bag. Also... if I open a Parisian card on the same date.. I could get another 20% off on top of that (she calculated the total to be $222.80 + tax). At first, I sort of just brushed it off because I was set on buying the bag today because it was the last one they had. But, then I thought about it and if I could save that much money on a $348 bag... I thought that would be amazing. The thing is... she put it on layaway and as I sit at home waiting till Sept. 10th I'm just thinking about all the different things that could happen to the bag. I'm afraid a different sales lady might accidently put it back on display not realizing it was on layaway for me.... and that someone else might get it. Although Sept. 10th is a little over 2 weeks away I'm stressing out. I looked high and low for that bag. I know I need to calm down and just get over it and wait but I've had a few bad experiences which put me on edge. Do you think I should just sit here for over 2 weeks and wait for the deal OR just go and pick it up and pay full price to make sure the bag is mine?

Sorry for the long post. Just needed some opinions and I know you guys always give great ones. Thanks in advance.

I totally understand and would be worried as well. However, I would assume (maybe the SA's that are TPF members here can chime in) that they mark it as being on layaway or have a seperate shelf to put hold items and layaway items on?

I think they'd be obligated to find you one on/by 9/10 if you've done layaway.
But, I've never done layaway.
Hopefully it'll be there.
If it's a standard practice at the store, you'll likely be AOK!

Good deal!

I'm not familiar with Parisian, but I would hope that any store that offers layaway would be secure about it. When you think about it, that's a lot of money you'll be saving for a couple of weeks of waiting. When I'm in a situation with a certain amount of uncertainty I remind myself that if I'm meant to have the bag, it will be there for me. It may sound a little silly, but I feel that even in the world of shopping, a certain amount of destiny is involved.

Parisian is still around? I thought all Parisian stores became Macy's. They do put layaways in a separate area/shelf. I think you have to fill out some paper work, but I can't remember. I never done a layaway but my Mom use to.

I totally understand and would be worried as well. However, I would assume (maybe the SA's that are TPF members here can chime in) that they mark it as being on layaway or have a seperate shelf to put hold items and layaway items on?

She just stuck it under the register counter ... from what I saw ... :shrugs:. That's what made me so nervous.

I'm not familiar with Parisian, but I would hope that any store that offers layaway would be secure about it. When you think about it, that's a lot of money you'll be saving for a couple of weeks of waiting. When I'm in a situation with a certain amount of uncertainty I remind myself that if I'm meant to have the bag, it will be there for me. It may sound a little silly, but I feel that even in the world of shopping, a certain amount of destiny is involved.

Ha! I totally agree. :yes:

Parisian is still around? I thought all Parisian stores became Macy's. They do put layaways in a separate area/shelf. I think you have to fill out some paper work, but I can't remember. I never done a layaway but my Mom use to.
There was one here in Cincinnatti until about 6 months ago when they closed it. I loved the product, but hated the layout. It felt like a JC Penny with higher end stuff.

This is how I see it:
You get an awesome discount just for waiting a couple of weeks + you will be doing something good for charity + if you open the account with that same SA she probably gets some sort of bonus = win win win :tup: