What to do with your nails? Natural, Painted, Fake?

Cheryl

Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
When I was in Highschool I always had Pink and White acrylics.. Now a days I am keeping them natural, Cut short and unpainted but I dont like them as much, I dont think, I dont know. Maybe im just bored with it. Everytime I paint my nails though the next day they peel the paint right off but I was thinking about painting them a lighter color but that will peel to... So my delima is

Go back to Pink and White acrylics (cut shorter)
Stay natural and Paint them a light shade of tan or pink
Stay natural unpainted and stay bored, LoL

I know this isnt much of a delima but I just dont know what to do with them, I feel like they look unmanicured even after a manicure anymore :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of fake nails. I like mine short and either polished with a dark color or very light. Why don't you try keeping them short but polishing them with a dark shade, like Black Satin or OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark (or something similiar)....

dont do acrylics they are so damaging to your nails! i found the solution to peeling nails - use your own (high quality) nail polish. that way you can touch up if a little bit chips. That lasts about a week or so. Afterthat, repaint yourself becuase your nails will still be in pretty good shape. i love chanel polishes the best.

paint then fire engine red and put on a top coat (or nail hardener) every 2 days. trust me, it will look good with anything that you have on.

thats a way to enjoy your natural nails

I have super long nails that I get acrylic put over the top of (long but not jerry springer style). If I happen to break one I must admit I sometimes get a false tip or get them all cut down and a full set of acrylic nails put on (this hardly ever happens - but did the other day - so annoying) I can not live without long nails... makes my hands look more feminine and my fingers that bit longer. But be warned - acrylic really does damage your natural nail - i have to leave mine for a few months every year to "recover".... shamlessly they are covered again!!

I keep my nails short and square, they look very chic and neat. I paint them myself..I hate spending money on manicures because I can just use OPI or Chanel nail polish that lasts as long as it would if I got them done at the nail salon.

you can get a very thin acrylic overlay, over your natural nail without the tips and not as thick, or a silk or fiberglass wrap...that will help anchor the polish on longer as well and not as hard to maintain.

I can't have my nails painted as I wear a uniform (Army) everyday so I keep VERY short acrylics and I only need them filled once a month.

I keep mine natural and have worn Chanel no. 87 on my fingernails for decades..(talk about being boring)..it's just a light pink, natural colour, but for some reason it always makes my nails look groomed (even when they're in a shocking state)

Every time I've had acrylics on, I regret it, as it takes months for my nails to recover..Hoof Lacquer is a great, glossy top coat, and if your nails are fragile, try Herome nail hardener and follow the instructions..makes a huge difference to mine:smile: