What to do with your nails? Natural, Painted, Fake?

I keep my nails short and square. I paint them dark colors in fall/winter and light in spring/summer. I always use OPI Nail Envy as my base coat, then two thin coats of either OPI or ESSIE polish, then one coat of POSHE topcoat. I touch up any small chips as they happen. I do my nails once per week.

I wear pink and white acrylics. I use to wear my natural nails with a light french manicure (small white tips) but like you, my nails would chip so much that I couldn't keep up. Plus, I work closely with executives and vice presidents, so having chipped up nails was not an option.

My nails were natural...until about a month ago. I have pink and white acrylic nails and I love them! I go to a person who is incredible (has been doing them for 15+ years and they look completely natural).

I love them! I wish I could have gotten my natural nails to a consistent "pretty" stage. Polish was always chipping, my nails would split...so this was the best option. And so far, so good!

I've had fake for a couple of years but thinking of going short and natural for a change. I've always had nice nails before going fake but did it mainly so I wouldn't have to spend any time on nails w/chipping, etc. Want to save a little money and figurered I'd start with the nails ($50/month). My husband loves my fakes nails though.

I LOVE acrylics! Right now I have pink and red! The red powder has glitter in it! LOVES IT! I did my toes red with a candy cane! I had black acrylic powder with glitter for Halloween.

Attachments

• nails.JPG
    nails.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 589
I have a thin layer of acrylic over my nails. I keep them short and square & usually always have a french manicure. I would love to have my nails natural (no acrylic) but they are so thin & bend/break easily. I also can't keep nail polish on my natural nails no matter what I try...it peels right off.

I've never been a fan of fake nails, regardless of the material they're made of. I think they all look, well, fake. I guess it's just my personal taste though; I like my nails short and squoval with a varnish colour that I like.

I do my own manis; they never last long though. I love chipping the varnish off with my teeth lol.

I like my nails painted, much so since there's no school for me now. Lucky for me, my nails are rather long so I never had fake ones. Fake ones seem pretty though, with all the nail art and stuff. As for colours, I like them in bold solid colours such as red or black. At times, I also like a french manicure. I try to do my nails myself but it's always hard to do the hand which you use, if you know what I mean. So I like having my nails done by others. :smile:

I have been doing acryllic on and off for years. I did natural nails for almost 2 years, but I got fed up because the sides kept chipping because of the work I do. The woman that did my manicures told me to get gel nails which I like better than acryllic. I get a thin layer of gel put on my real nails and I have her keep them shortish and square. The top coat they have for gel nails keeps them from chipping or the polish from coming off for at least 2 weeks if not longer.

Short && Natural color =],I get manicures every week,and pedicures every two weeks (I work at A&F so I still walk around in flip flops) I recently have stopped biting my nails. I currently use a special Colombian nail hardener.My nails have grown very quickly,as well they are very strong. I began using it in September,and its amazing!.When people see my nails now they think im wearing short fake nails!..

http://reviews.ebay.com/Nail-Hardener-Esmalte-Endurecedor-Quimica-Alemana_W0QQugidZ10000000003931677

I never have time to get my nails done anymore. Besides, the nail polish never lasts long because of my job (food service). Literally the next day my manicure is ruined because of work so I don't bother.

I've had acrylics done twice for a wedding and for my senior prom, and I can honestly say that I will never do it again. It absolutely ruins my nails for a long time and I can't stand it. Luckily I have very strong and nice nails naturally, which is why I don't want to screw them up with acrylics.

Now, I just keep my hand nails fairly short (maybe 2 mm? I suck at measurements). Not too short and not too long, because if they get too long they end up breaking off.

For my feet, I cut the nails short with almost no white part showing. I don't like the whole dirt-under-toenails look.

I keep my nails short & natural. 90% of the time they are painted (lately only with dark colors), except for the past 2 days I've had them with just Nail Envy b/c I've been to lazy to paint them, lol.

I wore gel nails for a couple of years, but took them off last December b/c my mom got a nail fungus from the place we were going too, and I was too paranoid and scared to go back.