What to do with this bag/Does it still have life?

abwd

Jul 25, 2008
My satanic kitty struck again. I just got this bag in June at the SAS and I set it down in the dining room to bring in groceries.

As you can see, the scratches are noticeable and since the front pocket is particularly smooth, there is no way to fix it.

So do I just throw it out? I am not sure who would want it like that. Is it even worth bringing to GoodWill??

Yes, people will definitely want it! I've seen bags in worse shape than that. If you bring it to Goodwill you will totally be making someone's day!

Sorry this happened to you, it's a beautiful bag!

You might be able to fix it. Post pictures in the rehab thread. If you can find a matching color there is a product called Leather Refinisher that might work. http://wood-n-stuff.com/leatheraid.html
You could also take it to a good leather repair and see what they can do.

Please don't give it to Goodwill. There are plenty of more deserving charities.

Oh no!!!!! I remember how excited you were when you first brought her home. So sad.
Maybe your kitty was just jealous of all the attention that gorgeous bag gets? ;)

I think it might be possible to fix that too. I know there are some products to fix cat scratches on leather couches, hopefully something works for you! Kitty certainly has it out for your bags :sad:

Yes, people will definitely want it! I've seen bags in worse shape than that. If you bring it to Goodwill you will totally be making someone's day!

Sorry this happened to you, it's a beautiful bag!

I really unexpectedly fell for this bag. I didn't think anyone would even want it given how prominent the scratches are. But I will donate it.

You might be able to fix it. Post pictures in the rehab thread. If you can find a matching color there is a product called Leather Refinisher that might work. http://wood-n-stuff.com/leatheraid.html
You could also take it to a good leather repair and see what they can do.

Please don't give it to Goodwill. There are plenty of more deserving charities.

Thanks. Perhaps I'll post it. That stuff looks amazing.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will try the rehab thread, but honestly, I am not much of a rehabber. I can do furniture, but not much patience for leather goods. :-/

My satanic kitty struck again. I just got this bag in June at the SAS and I set it down in the dining room to bring in groceries.

As you can see, the scratches are noticeable and since the front pocket is particularly smooth, there is no way to fix it.

So do I just throw it out? I am not sure who would want it like that. Is it even worth bringing to GoodWill??

Do not throw this bag out!! Donate it to a good charity. There is some person out there who could never afford a Coach bag and would love to have it.

Your cat needs a cat teaser (to release his energy) and your daughter needs a handbag to hug.

Do you watch Jackson on Animal Planet?

Seriously, I think you need to do something for the cat. I know nothing about cats but I love to watch Jackson work his magic.

Don't give up on the bag! You'll miss it.