What to do with old and worn bag? Throw?

yongpptt

O.G.
Aug 5, 2009
I am struggling whether to throw my old and worn bag. The bag is not spoilt, just wear and tear. I feel very pity to just throw away like that.

In what condition then you will throw away your used bag?

Throw or keep and try to clean it? :wondering:thinkin:

if it's leather, then i believe u might be able to spruce it up..
if it's fabric, then, there's another issue..
maybe try ebay it at 0.99 and see who might want it?
or else, donate it to the homeless which i'm sure they'll love to have as long as it's still usable!

Do not through it out.
If it is truely not for you any more give it away.
If you sit love her and she is leather conditionining her will help..
If you love her and can not treat her take her to yourself take her to the Coach Store and see if it can be repaired by them. It only cost $20.00.

& like Jelita said you can place her on Ebay for .99 and some will pick her up. Many of us like older bags and many of us like restoring them.

Don't throw a Coach away. It's like throwing a rare yet old beauty away. Just because she's old don't throw her to the side.

If I was you I would put it on ebay (like jelita said) for .99 cents. Be honest in your listing about all the wear and tear. Even if you get $30 for it it's better than it going in the trash.

And as a buyer of vintage project bags lately, I know they used to go for about $5 on up on ebay but lin the past few months I think so many people are buying vintage the prices have gone up. Depending on the bag and condition of course!

I agree with the other ladies, I wouldn't throw it away unless it's so bad it can't be used or restored. I would donate it or try to fix it myself, or ebay it.

Your first option should defintely be to eBay it if you want to get some cash back for it. If you don't want to do that, I would suggest that you try to give it away to a friend or family member who would appreciate a Coach bag. If you don't want to do any of those options, I would suggest that you donate it to a local charity. There is bound to be somebody who will appreciate it there.

If you don't have the energy for a rehab of the bag then I'd see how much you can get for it on an auction site by starting at a low price or donate somewhere. Just because it's life with you is done doesn't mean it's life is over!

Don't throw her away! Try to see if Coach and repair the bag. If not you may want to try to sell it on ebay. As others have said start the bidding very low like at $0.99. Be very honest about the conidition and take tons of pics. If you can't sell it on ebay maybe donate it to the Goodwill.

Ya.. very hard just throw away!

Mine is not leather, it is jacquered fabric (khaki and become brown after much usage), and with worn leather handles and leather trimming.

I know the fabric can be cleaned but the leather trimming is a bit worn off... bothering me....I used it everyday for three years...so you can imagine. :shucks:

Ya.. very hard just throw away!

Mine is not leather, it is jacquered fabric (khaki and become brown after much usage), and with worn leather handles and leather trimming.

I know the fabric can be cleaned but the leather trimming is a bit worn off... bothering me....I used it everyday for three years...so you can imagine. :shucks:

It depends how bad the leather is. If you're not going to use the bag as it is then I'd suggest taking a gamble. Put it in your washing machine on a cool wash for delicate settings and use a detergent suitable for delicate items. When that's done, stuff it with towels to keep it's shape and let it dry naturally away from direct heat. If it's a bit wrinkly you can iron it gently with a cloth to protect. I'd then use your favourite leather conditioner (or some polish to fetch the colour back).

I've done this with sneakers and bags. Some have come up as new, some went in the trash! No loss if you're not using it.

Or give it to a charity shop.